Author Topic: TAYLOR, KING Orono, Ontario  (Read 3959 times)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: TAYLOR, KING Orono, Ontario
« Reply #18 on: Friday 06 November 15 21:28 GMT (UK) »
William Edward Taylor obit in the Toronto Star, March 22, 1979 pg, B15.

W Edward Taylor died March 21 1979 at St. Joseph's Hospital..  Husband of Violet King.  Father of B and V (Mrs L Turner).  Lists his parents and siblings.  Grandfather of 5, greatgrandfather of 2.   Interment Prospect Cemetery.

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 06 November 15 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Myrtle King Forbes obit in the Toronto Star 11 Jan 1982, page D10.  She died at Northwestern General Hospital on Jan 10 1982.  Wife of the late Robert Forbes.  Mother or W B and B (Mrs A Santolini).  8 grandchildren, 6 great grandchildren.  Sister of Ted King and Winn King.  Interment Prospect Cemetery.

RK

Offline argyllshiregirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 07 November 15 00:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello all,

WOW!!! What a lot of helpful replies! Thank you all so very much! It's amazing how you folks managed to take my vague childhood memories and other assorted clues and dig up so much info. You must have had your detective hats on.

Some pieces of info., like Uncle Jack's real forename (Robert John), were a surprise. Also Jack and Jessie's 1922 marriage, that I found on familysearch using Jack's full name, was a surprise as I had previously found Jessie arriving from Scotland in 1923. She must have made a visit home in 1923, as she did in 1925, and on several other occasions. I never knew Jack's age. I only knew that he died not long before we came to Canada in 1967.

Yes, Mrs. Dillon in Carleton County, ON, is the former Eliza McGregor, my great grandmother and Jessie's eldest sister. She had immigrated to Canada in 1913 with a previous husband and an infant daughter. Also arriving in Canada during this era was their brother, Hugh McGregor, who settled in Alberta and then retired to Toronto later in life. Another brother, John McGregor, briefly stayed in Canada and then moved to Australia where yet another sister, Margaret, lived. They are the children of Dugald McGregor and Margaret McMillan, as some of you guessed, who were at farms Ballyhaurgan and Daltote at different times in Argyll, Scotland.

Yes, you are correct - Jessie was born in 1893 not 1883. I believe she was born in the month of August, as when she died in the summer of 1980, she was said to be "almost 87" years of age. Reaching back into my memory, I am thinking she may have passed away on June 16th?? BUT I should also mention that she did not die in Canada! She took a final holiday home to Scotland and a side trip to Northern Ireland and had a fatal stroke. Her body was sent back for burial in Toronto.

The profession of butcher for Jack and for Ed Taylor sounds right too. And I had forgotten about the name Vi ... it sounded odd to me as a child. Still wondering about the Orono farm but I bet it traces back to the Taylor family if I check.

This is very exciting to fill in all these blanks. Thanks again everyone.

Mary

Fletcher of Glen Orchy, Argyll, McGregor of Argyll and Balquhidder, Perth, Mathison, Laidlaw, Forsyth of Dumfriesshire, McMillan, Johnston, Galbraith, Nicholson of Argyll, McPhail, McArthur, McKinnon, McLean, Paterson from Isle of Mull

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 07 November 15 11:07 GMT (UK) »
You're very welcome. Pleased we cracked the puzzle.

Sandra  ;)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada