Author Topic: Ship delivery in the 1800's  (Read 6147 times)

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ship delivery in the 1800's
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 December 15 02:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello Allan

It is possible the unpaid carpenters were employees of the seller paid to ensure the Annie Jane arrived in A1 condition to the buyer, Holderness. Their return to Canada could likely be part of the deal. Would a record for an incoming passenger/crew list exist in the UK for the arrival of the ship on her maiden voyage? If so, it would be interesting to know if these carpenters are listed as crew.

Gagon should be Gagnon and variation for Edward Durrant could be Edouard Durant.

The United Kingdom, Merchant Navy Seamen Records on FamilySearch, has these records that look interesting:
Name     Ubalel Gagnon     
Event Type     Military Service, 1845-1854     
Event Place     United Kingdom     
Birthplace     Canada 

Name     Edwd Durrant     
Event Type     Military Service, 1845-1854     
Event Place     United Kingdom     
Birthplace     Canada 

Linda
Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby

Offline Vatersay

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 January 16 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello Linda

Just to say you were right, when I was in the Liverpool Maritime museum I found the bill of sale, transfer of ownership document, dated 19th August 1853 transferring the Annie Jane from George Douglas Symes and David Douglas Young strangely through an intermediary Anthony Higham Chalmers and then on the same date to Thomas Hunter Holderness he has 64 shares so its all his.

All the best for 2016 and thanks for all your help last year.

Allan

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 03 January 16 17:06 GMT (UK) »
That's wonderful Allan and your most welcome.
Linda
Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby

Offline drewcockton

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 23 September 22 17:20 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

I'm joining this conversation a bit late! I have been researching the history of my home and discovered that it belonged to Thomas Hunter Holderness and had been his mother's and father's before.