Author Topic: Feathers Street, Flint in 1870s?  (Read 5005 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Feathers Street, Flint in 1870s?
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 09 October 21 17:24 BST (UK) »
Fascinating. I always enjoy old maps.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Junius

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 16 October 21 00:31 BST (UK) »
Hi,
You won't believe this but when I left school in 1955 I started to serve my time as a mechanic in.......
Pumphreys and later I worked at both the Castle and Aber works. The people in the next house to the Chapel  House were the Reaneys, and when their daughter Mary got married, she  and her husband also moved in and when the parents passed away, they took over the house.   Next door were the McPhersons and the house doubled as a shop. If I knew who lived in any number number from that side of the street, I could work out where 68 was. I'll have to do a bit of research. By the way, on the 1870 street map most of the buildings in the street were the same as when I was born, but no chapel house.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 16 October 21 16:17 BST (UK) »
According to the 1871 census, the man I was researching lodged at No 6 Feathers street at the time. He was in Dearham, Cumberland, near to where he was born, the decade before, and we think he died, possibly in a mining accident, before the 1881 census, as we've never managed to find hide nor hair of him from 1871 onwards.
(I didn't actually mention, if you check back, any number in my original post, as I've found from other researches how often street numbers are changed)
Thanks for your interest - it's truly amazing how people and things link up on here!
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)