Author Topic: Alice Leak 1853-1878  (Read 6895 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alice Leak 1853-1878
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 15:22 BST (UK) »
Hi ratty2,
No problem! That's what we thought and can now be put to one side.

I have often wondered, forgive me if you have already explained it, but why the interest in Alice Leak.
You seem not to have the right birth year or death year or  know what happens to her. Who is she?

As William was in Leeds in 1851, he may have married there  :-\
Perhaps it was a mistake that he is registered as 'widowed' on his marriage certificate- although unlikely, I would imagine.
Anyway, we now know he was not married to Ann Davi(d)son.

Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ratty2

• RootsChat Senior
  • Burg Crest Schleswig-Holstein
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 09 November 15 04:57 GMT (UK) »
*COMPLETED* My interest arose out of his 1860 marriage certificate to Ann Cross in which he said he was a 'widow'; but we have been unable to find an earlier marriage whether at Leeds or Pocklington. The nearest I saw was one at Hull, but that seems a long way to go.
In any case I bought the Birth Certificate of Alice Leak was on 20 June 1857 at Bolton daughter of Emma Esther Leak, but no mention of the father. The birth was registered on 27th July 1857 by D. Lee, Registrar.

Also on her death certificate; 27 Juy 1878 at Bishop Wilton, Alice Leak died age 21 years of Typhoid Fever, certified by George Thomas MRCS. Alice was the daughter of Emma Tindale; the death of registered by her Uncle, Thomas Clint who was present at th death at Bishop Wilton, and registered on 29th July 1878 by Robert Martin, a Butcher and Registrar.

So yes, we can safely say this Alice is not related to William Leak of Pocklington, born 1830, who migrated to Australia with Ann Cross.

Thanks again for all your help and interest.
*COMPLETED*
Schleswig-Holstein:- Rathgen; Rathjen; Oelkers; Behnke; Scheel; Rothgarn; Normanns; Scotland:- Lindsay

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 09 November 15 05:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,

Good news that it is all sorted now.  :)

Regards

Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk