Author Topic: Ancestry records  (Read 2523 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry records
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 September 15 16:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks Stevie and Isobel (sorry Isobel didn't read your post correctly :-X), that is where they have moved it to. ;D  Mind you it was far simpler on the old version of the viewer. :-\
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Online dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 September 15 16:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the tip about the arrow and 'source', have just used it on the London Electoral registers as the facility to jump from one year to another had disappeared.

The arrow does the trick so you don't have to go back to the right back to the start of the dataset and chose another year.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 September 15 16:54 BST (UK) »
To bring up the Source panel when viewing any image, just hit S on the keyboard.

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 29 September 15 17:03 BST (UK) »
The arrow does the trick so you don't have to go back to the right back to the start of the dataset and chose another year.

Yes that's what I'd been doing since they'd changed the viewer. 

Mind you I did look at the Source tab the other day, as I'd worked out the Details tab was where the details pane that used to be at the bottom of the viewer screen had moved to, but it didn't click that you could change the register being viewed there. :-X
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 30 September 15 09:52 BST (UK) »
The list of options under "tree" {relating to an individual tree after it is opened}
has "All Hints"

The old tree allowed you to "return to hints" but I have not been able to work out how to "return" using the New Tree without keep reopening the tree again?

Kim

Offline Cazza47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 30 September 15 13:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all your help, I have got the hang of it now, thank you fellow rootchatters.
Muckley, Routledge, Roe, Bontoft, Brumpton, Bills, Aspatria, Carlisle