Author Topic: 1901 and 1911 census lookup  (Read 15649 times)

Offline LostAncestor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1901 and 1911 census lookup
« on: Wednesday 13 July 05 09:24 BST (UK) »
After much soul searching I will be 1901 and 1911 census lookups for Donegal for FREE.

Moderator's Note: Since LostAncestor hasn't been online since Sept.2008 this thread is now locked. 1911 census is now online (free) and 1901 will be added-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie

Offline elcd27

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 and 1911 census lookup
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 July 05 20:54 BST (UK) »
Hi there
I'm looking for Emily Johnston(Johnson) born 1905. She lived in Castlefinn and her father was Bob(Robert). Any info would be great.
Thanks
Louise

Offline erthomas

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 August 05 05:46 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am looking for Thomas P. Semple.  He was born in March 1893.  Parents were James Semple and Margaret O'Donnell.  Any help finding him would be great.  I am also looking for his wife  Agnes Mclaughlin (or similar spelling) born around 1891.  Her parents were John McLaughlin and Jane O'Boyle Thanks.

Erin
Baggett, Beedon, Boddaugh, Bowman<br />Cain, Cannell, Carpenter, Clague, Cottier, Cowen, Craine, Creer, Cubbon<br />Doyle<br />Hartrick<br />Juke<br />Kaighin<br />McLaughlin, Martin, Moore, Murphy<br />O'Boyle, O'Donnell, Owen(s)<br />Quilliam<br />Radcliffe, Ratzel<br />Semple, Sewell, Shimmin, Snider, Spence, Stevens<br />Taylor, Thomas<br />Walters, Watterson, Wells<br />Younker<br /><br />..............should i continue?  :P

Offline kandddad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 27 August 05 07:19 BST (UK) »
First... This service you've decided to provide, is very generous.  Many thanks.
1911 Census...
I'm looking for an O'DONNELL household, around Carndonagh, that had a child named Michael (b around 1910); Edward (b around 1906) and Charles (birth year unknown).  Parents were most likely James and Ellen O'Donnell, however, that could be wrong.  The fathers name could have been Philip (wife's name unknown).  There were other children as well (these three immigrated to the Boston Mass area, I not heard of their siblings names).
My great-grandfather, George Lawrence O'Donnell was born in 1864 and left the Carndonagh area in 1864. His brothers, John (b 1867) and Patrick (b 1870) left the Carndonagh area in the 1880's/1890's as well.  I'm "told" their parents were John and Bridget O'Donnell and there were numerous additional children of John and Bridget (James, Philip, Elizabeth to name a few).   Any suggestions as to where I might find earlier information that will expand my knowledge on this family?

Offline ziggy1705

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 September 05 17:46 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for your kind offer.

I am hoping to find the family of Mary Devlin (parents Edward Devlin and Anne Bonar).  She grew up around Quigley's Point near Moville.  She was born c1880, quite possibly earlier.

She wasn't in Ireland for the 1911 census, but hoping to find her and family in 1901 and her family in 1911.

Margaret

Offline Theresa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 September 05 10:18 BST (UK) »
Yes please.

If possible could you look for:

William and Jane Alexander -  he was a farmer
William may have died in 1913.

John and Mary Ann Courtney - he was a labourer

David and Eliza/beth Whittaker (sic) from Co. Donegal, he was a farmer. 

William Hamilton and wife... from Beltony, Raphoe area.

David Spence and family also from Beltony area.

Sorry it's not much to go on but hopefully they'll be around.

Thanks very much.

Moderator's Note: Theresa's Rootschat name is now cranstone - see profile page-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=25985

Offline kandddad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 07 September 05 11:05 BST (UK) »
LostAncester:
Guidance please.  I was the third response to your generous offer to perform free 1901 and 1911 Donegal Census look-ups (O'Donnell).  I keep getting notices that a response has been posted to my inquiry but, when I cut and past the provided link, it shows that another person has requested a look up.  Have I improperly posted my inquiry.  Or, should I be looking elsewhere for the response to my inquiry (I'm a novice at this stuff - hope I'm not doing something that's "messing up" the site.
Mike O'Donnell

Offline ziggy1705

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 07 September 05 12:42 BST (UK) »
Mike,

I think you'll find that the notification reads "A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by xxxxxx"  --  that just means there has been another posting to a topic that you have posted on, not necessarily an answer to your query.  Hope that helps.

Margaret

Offline Theresa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 09 September 05 12:00 BST (UK) »
Hi lost ancestor

Please could you also see if you find any

Eliza/beth's
living in Stranorlar
married (but unknown surname)
over 21 (is all I can say)
in 1901 or 1911

maybe impossible but hopefully there arn't too many.

Many thanks

Moderator's Note: Theresa's Rootschat name is now cranstone - see profile page-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=25985