Author Topic: Mcalpine's  (Read 8704 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Mcalpine's
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 October 15 22:40 BST (UK) »
Hey, that never stops this intrepid bunch here on RC  ;)

Cannot see a death for Jamesina McAlpine/Watson in Scotland... wondered whether they all moved down to England after the marriage?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mags Breslin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 13 October 15 22:43 BST (UK) »
She died in Birmingham UK Monica :) I'm going to buy some credits on Scotlands people. Does this give me 30 records or is it 1 record for £7?
Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. It's been giving me a headache haha

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 October 15 22:54 BST (UK) »
With Scotlands People...it is such an amazing resource. You just need some care on approach.

You buy chuncks of 30 units for £7. It costs 1 unit to view up to 25 search results per page. It costs 5 units to view an image online. So for 30 units you could potentially view max 5 images.

Links below to help from the SP site on availability etc:

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/Content/Help/index.aspx?r=554&413 - lets you know what you can view online immediately or you have to order (due to privacy/date protection). This is important as there are cut off years as to what you can view online before you need to order as an extract.

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/Content/Help/index.aspx?r=554&408 - look to the right handside links for info, an explanation of the records by type.

You can register on Scotlands People for free. It only costs money to view search results and/or view images. SP is also the most economical source of ordering BMD extracts outside of the period where you can view records online due to their relationship with the GROS.

Monica

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 13 October 15 23:04 BST (UK) »
If you do connect back to the 1860s with the name of Jame Pollock McAlpine, maybe contact Falkryn about perhaps getting the birth extract he refers to here:

Possibly no link but on looking at some of my own extracts from Scotlands people website I saw the birth record of James POLLOCK McAlpine in the district of Hutchestown whose mother was Mary McAlpine nee POLLOCK

married Archibal McAlpine 3rd March 1862 birth of young james was 24/1/1869

If you contact me by PM with an email address I'll send a copy of the extract if you want it

You can reach him here by private message www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=5007

Monica

Offline Mags Breslin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 00:27 BST (UK) »
Hey Guys :)
So I used scotlands people and found my mother's brother death certificate. Glen Robert Edgar died aged 2 in 1962.
Found my mother's Grandparents marriage certificate
James Mcalpine and Mary Pickett married in 1918 aged 19 and 20, so they would have been born 1898 and 1899. I can't find any infomation on my grandfather. I looked on scotlands people and there's no matches...

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 00:45 BST (UK) »
can you post ALL the info given on the marriage cert ?  where did they get married....does it give fathers name and occupation?
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mags Breslin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 10:14 BST (UK) »
Hi, it isn't letting me post any documents :(
I have marriage certificate for James and Mary Mcalpine.
His parents Thomas & Elizabeth mcalpine Nee Kelly.
Marys parents - John Pollock and Margaret Pollock Nee Smith.

Offline Mags Breslin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 10:16 BST (UK) »
Sorry her parents Joseph Pickett and Martha Pickett Nee Craig

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 11:29 BST (UK) »
Due to copyright issues, you can only post small sections from images for help with deciphering etc.

What were the occupations of fathers of the bride (Joseph Pollock) and groom (Thomas McAlpine)?

Monica