Author Topic: Sophia Pollard 1851 can you find her family please?  (Read 5211 times)

Offline jan57

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sophia Pollard 1851 can you find her family please?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 October 15 23:35 BST (UK) »
: RG 9; Piece: 345; Folio: 6; Page: 7;  1861   census has James  born  in St James  Middlesex  ( which I believe  is   part  of  London  )  and  born c1806   same  occupation  as  the census before  . The 1851  census  image looks  like 45 for his age

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 13 October 15 23:51 BST (UK) »
Hi James Pollard is on the census until 1881, he was born 26th January 1806 baptised 18th February 1806 Westminster, St James, Father Joseph Mother Sophia, his death looks to be 1889 Fulham aged 84.

The Edwin in 1841, was baptised  Edwin James Pollard 27th August 1826 Westminster, St Martin in the fields Father James occ Mathematical Instrument Maker Mother Ann

An online tree suggests that the Henry in 1841, was born 27th September 1829 Surrey, as Henry George Pollard, married a Catherine Byrne 17th March 1857 Ballarat, Victoria, Australia and died 27th May 1919 Takaka, Nelson, New Zealand
EDIT the Henry baptism in 1835 shown by jan57 is shown as Henry George Pollard.

George Pollard marries an Eliza Pink March qtr 1871 Greenwich 1d 740
Sarah Ellen Pollard marries Albert Parkes occ Waiter 3rd May 1863 St Giles, Camberwell Grooms Father William Parkes occ Waiter Brides Father James Pollard occ Mathematical Instrument Maker
I can see Albert in 1871 with his parents, but no sign of Sarah E?

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jan57

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 01:08 BST (UK) »
Henry Pollard

Baptism Date:
25 Jan 1835

James Pollard   of Cottage Place 

Ann Pollard

Lambeth St John the Evangelist 

Henry  and Sophia  Charlotte     were   baptised the  same  day 

Offline DarrylTaylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 24 October 15 08:19 BST (UK) »
Hi,
   My wifes family are descendants of Henry George pollard and Catherine Byrne in New Zealand. If you have managed to confirm that they are the right family , we will be happy to share whatever we have with you of what we know of them and their descendants. James Pollard and wife Ann are about as far back as we can confirm and only have basic knowledge of his siblings, but we are looking at James father being Joseph Pollard born in 1777.

Thanks

Darryl Taylor

Offline earley-bird

• RootsChat Senior
  • I am ready for something...but I don't know what!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 24 October 15 23:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Darryl
thank you for contacting me. This is exciting news .
Its midnight here and I'm off to bed but in the morning I'll collect together all the information that I have and we'll see what connections we can make.

I have just received the Marriage certificate of Sophia Charlotte Pollard with Henry Whitchurch (My Mothers Great Grandfather )25th Mar 1855 . Sophia's Father recorded as James Pollard mathematical instrument maker.

kind regards
Nick
Whitchurch, Westminster / Buckinghamshire
Cooper,     Westminster
Pollard     Surrey
Earley,  Holborn London
Bruce,  London
Kangeisser  London
Lawlor, Widnes Lancashire
Hagan   Widnes Lancashire

All Census Lookups are are Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only, I support copyright, a Wife, 2x children  a dobie, 2 x cats, a Tawny owl. and several mice if the drop

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 25 October 15 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi all need some help, in 1881 Sarah E Parkes Widow aged 42 b Newington is with children Helena A 16 b Deptford and Albert E Parkes aged 4 months b Fulham
Residing at 4, Bective Road, Fulham,  Sarah is living 3 doors away from her sister Sophia Charlotte Whitchurch nee Pollard Census ref RG11/71/21/20

Helena Ann Parkes married the son of Henry & Sophia C Whitchurch a Walter Whitchurch 3rd August 1884, the problem I need help on is Sarah E and Albert E Parkes post 1881, as I know Albert Edward Parkes married an Esther Henrietta Ware in Dec 1901 Fulham , where was he 1891/1901?
Keyboard86

Offline earley-bird

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 25 October 15 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi keyboard, thank you for this extra research . You've uncovered  so much its saved me weeks of fruitless searching. I'm very grateful .

i've just been out for a celebration lunch so I've not had a chance to put all this into my family tree so that I can make sense of it all. ;)
Cooper,     Westminster
Pollard     Surrey
Earley,  Holborn London
Bruce,  London
Kangeisser  London

All Census Lookups are are Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only, I support copyright, a Wife, 2x children  a dobie, 2 x cats, a Tawny owl. and several mice if the drop

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 26 October 15 14:47 GMT (UK) »
 ;D Hi again, now figured out where Albert Edward Parkes was in 1891/1901, in fact he was not the son of Sarah Ellen perhaps,  this is his marriage :-

Albert Edward Parkes 20 occ Labourer Father Albert Edward Parkes (Deceased)  occ Not Known
Esther Henrietta Ware 21 Father Thomas Ware occ Railway Guard
Witnesses Frederick Pearson Florence Whitchurch
14th December 1901 St Andrew, West Kensington
Albert E residing at 40, Moolton Street?

1901 Census

Walter Whitchurch 37
Helena A 37
ALBERT E 19
Florence L 16
Walter H 15
Arthur G 13
Residing at 40, Mooltan Street Fulham
Census ref RG13/62/14/19
He is with family as Whitchurch in 1891
RG12/46/127/19
Keyboard86

Offline earley-bird

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 27 October 15 23:15 GMT (UK) »
thank you for the last post there is such a lot for me to research but I seem to be straying a little  from my current search goal which is my late Mothers Paternal line Whitchurch.

I wonder if you could find Henry Whitchurch Senior?
I do not have much information about Henry Whitchurch  (senior) other than he was apparently a labourer and was diseased  some time before his Son Henry Whitchurch (junior) marriage to Sophia Charlotte Pollard 24th Mar 1855

Henry Whitchurch junior was born 1925 in Aylesbury 1a 219  so presumably his Father and Mother must have been in that area prior to the Sons Birth and possibly married and lived there

Henry junior was a journeyman and showed up aged 15 at 15 Melton Place St Geo Southwark in the 1841 Census
If I can find his Father Henry seniors death I'll order the certificate and see what can be learnt from that.
Thank you for any help you can offer
Cooper,     Westminster
Pollard     Surrey
Earley,  Holborn London
Bruce,  London
Kangeisser  London