Author Topic: Nathaniel Dent - Son of William Owen Kitchener Dent  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Kisschick64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nathaniel Dent - Son of William Owen Kitchener Dent
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 17 July 16 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Gypsy...We (Bron, Darryl, and I) dont believe they did come on the John - We believe there is more info that points to them being on the Orleana with Elenors Brother and his wife....it has the correct number of kids etc and makes more sense.

Offline Gypsy Scholar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 July 16 07:30 BST (UK) »
Hi all
I contacted South Australian Genealogical Society. Unfortunately Diane has passed away. They sent me the following details:
I understand there is a ship's diary of the John from 1840 which I think a SAGHS volunteer may have

SA Register 5 Feb 1840 has a report of the ship and there is a passenger list of those with emigration numbers 3435 to 3494 in Pat Button's book A Free Passage to Paradise ? available on 2 films

The DENT families are listed in detail in our Biographical Index of South Australians 1836-1885 from which Diane took names and information

So perhaps we could obtain copy of Button's book or someone could view the microfiche sometime? I know the BISA is a little patchy, so Button's book or the ship's diary would help.
Dent:Warwickshire
Burgar, Reid, Setter, Hughes/Hughison:Papa Westray  and Westray Orkney
Gorman:Antrim
Cholmeley:Isle of Wight and Hampshire
Daeth/Death: Burton Latimer
Beasley:Warwickshire
Toll:Cornwall
Clark: Devonshire
Scott: Dumfries and Galloway
Mitchell: Tipperary
Sims/Shipman: Wiltshire
Homfray: Worcester

Offline Kisschick64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 18 July 16 09:05 BST (UK) »
Ive found a copy of that book and am currently organising to buy. Keep you posted.