Author Topic: LOOKUP OFFER - (Nassau) Elsoff and Rennerod parish registers C17th to C19th  (Read 1368 times)

Offline mike1979

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi I have copies of the above parish registers covering many of the surrounding towns.  Registers start in the early 1630s and go through to the late 1800s.
If you have any families in that area I'd be happy to have a look for you.  The register is sorted by groom's family name rather than date.
M

Offline sonofthom

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: LOOKUP OFFER - (Nassau) Elsoff and Rennerod parish registers C17th to C19th
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 31 October 15 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike. My wife's great grandfather emigrated from Nassau to Edinburgh in 1855. His name was Frederick Huth, born in Nassau in 1831, and his parents were Phillip Emrich Huth (1791 - 1863)  and Anna Maria Emrich (1801 - 1863). Unfortunately I don't know much about the geography of Nasssau so I don't know if they will be in the registers that you have but I believe that respectively they were from  Dorsdorf and Wehrheim; Frederick Huth was definitely born in Wehrheim. Thanks for any help that you can give.
Sinclair: Lanarkshire & Antrim; McDougall: Bute; Ramsay: Invernesshire; Thomson & Robertson: Perthshire; Brown: Argyll; Scott: Ayrshire: Duff: Fife.

Offline mike1979

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 31 October 15 15:08 GMT (UK) »
sonofthom
There is something in the Rennerod register (the places you mention are about 50km from Renerrod to the South East).

Birth of Gallus Hermann Maximiliam EMMERICH on 16th October 1845 in Renerrod - father was Adam EMMERICH a Roman Catholic (a herzoglicher Amtssekretar - secretary at Ducal office?) born in Wehrheim/Usingen, mother was Anna Maria Henriette HILL of Idstein

Not sure if these are relatives of your EMERICHs.

Nothing else for thoe names/places in the registers unfortunately.

Mike

Offline sonofthom

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 31 October 15 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for this Mike. The Anna Maria name certainly ties in although I know that Frederick Huth was a member of the Lutheran church, and then Church of Scotland, in Edinburgh, although this does not preclude RC relatives. Thanks again.
Sinclair: Lanarkshire & Antrim; McDougall: Bute; Ramsay: Invernesshire; Thomson & Robertson: Perthshire; Brown: Argyll; Scott: Ayrshire: Duff: Fife.

Offline Jane_3207

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 November 23 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike, I have been researching my Strack family who came from Alertshausen, Westphalen Prussia, which I believe may be in the Elsoff area? My GGGrandfather Johann Strack was born there in about 1840 to Bernhard Strack & Wilhelmine Feige. I have these details from marriage certificate of Johann to Auguste Minge in Australia in 1876 (attached), but I don't have DOB for Bernard or Wilhelmine. There is another Bernard who married Wilhelmine Julius (3rd wife) who had a son Johann in 1837 - but I don't beleive this is my family. Any assistance in the church records you have would be greatly appreciated. We are Lutheran, so I'm assuming they would be too if that helps?

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 November 23 14:43 GMT (UK) »
I have been researching my Strack family who came from Alertshausen, Westphalen Prussia, which I believe may be in the Elsoff area

Hi Jane
let me know exactly what you are looking for
What documents do you already have?
I need Dates, Names, and places
saves doing things twice
Dave

Offline Jane_3207

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 30 November 23 06:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike

Unfortunately everything I have is on the previously attached marriage certificate of Johann Strack to Auguste Minge registered in Colony of Queensland, Australia on 31/12/1876 in the German Lutheran Church of Toowoomba Queensland, Australia.
Johann Strack born 'about' 1840 in Alertshausen, Westphalen Prussia to Bernhard Strack (Father) & Wilhelmine Feige (Mother) - I have no actual birth dates or middle names. I also cannot find any information on his life in Prussia or migration records of how he arrived in Australia.

Offline Jane_3207

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 30 November 23 06:42 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, I meant Dave..  ::)

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile