Author Topic: Henry Owens also known as Jake Kilrain Scottish Boxer  (Read 7525 times)

Offline La8627

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Owens also known as Jake Kilrain Scottish Boxer
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 19 September 19 21:33 BST (UK) »
I just came across this thread. It would be good to get a copy of the story written about Harry. Harry was my Grandfathers brother. I see that a few people have commented... family members. I have a couple of pictures of Harry that I came across when my Granda (Thomas) passed. Please let me know if you would like them.
Lee-Ann

Offline dfo315

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 19 September 19 22:37 BST (UK) »
Hi. My grandfather was James Owens. He had an older brother Henry and I presume your grandfather Thomas was a brother as well? Dan

Offline DEBHAM

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 08 November 21 15:35 GMT (UK) »
hello, I can see I'm coming late to the party. I'm another distant relative. My grandfather Willie Docherty was a cousin and great friend of Henry. Their mothers were sisters. we used to have a photo of him wearing his belt. I met him once at a family party, he was very entertaining. if any other relatives want to share family info I would be interested in hearing more about their lives

Offline Frankieg36

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 15 January 23 08:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi All I stumbled across this thread last night, apologies for how late I am to this thread.  Nora was my dads aunt. My Granda Gall and Nora were siblings. My Father is Frank Gallagher.  Ritchiebhoy my Dad would be your Mothers cousin if I’m correct.

Offline Mdoc1901

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 18 March 24 04:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi not sure if it any help but Harry Owens, also known as Jake Kilrain the boxer is my great uncle. I don’t fully understand how to work this website but I seen someone saying they were looking to find his family in Scotland I know the Owens in Baillieston. My gran would love to hear more about him if yous knew.

Offline Emmaccullinane

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 08 April 24 22:46 BST (UK) »
Tonight at home I went through few photos and old newspaper pages of Henry. I'm his great granddaughter (his daughter Norah is my grandma). The family roots are spreading wider, I'm Italian and I live in Italy with my family but it's always good and heart warming to think back where you come from.