Author Topic: Rudolph Pabst in York, Ontario, Canada in early 1800s  (Read 679 times)

Offline punch

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rudolph Pabst in York, Ontario, Canada in early 1800s
« on: Friday 06 November 15 20:40 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any information on a Rudolph Pabst. I know very little about this family. I have a map showing Rudolph Pabst on lot 2, concession 2 East in York, Ontario. Henry Pabst and James Pabst (possibly sons) are  listed in The City of Toronto and the Home District Commercial Directory for 1837 at Lot 2 Concession 2 in York Township. Any information regarding this family would be so appreciated.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rudolph Pabst in York, Ontario, Canada in early 1800s
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 November 15 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello punch.

It doesn't look like there is anyone named Pabst in the 1851/2 census in Canada West (now Ontario) but there are a number of people with the spelling of Papst that you might look at. Quite a few in York.

Here is a link to the census. It is free to use. Click on split view at the top to see the original image.

http://automatedgenealogy.com

PB

We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 November 15 14:13 GMT (UK) »
I can't see anything either - did come across a reference to a Rudolph Pabst in Ontario - not sure if he would be yours, refers to a son Henry but no James unfortunately.  Will post in case you haven't come across it.

http://www.genealogy.com/ftm/p/a/b/Pamela-Pabst-CA/BOOK-0001/0005-0001.html

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline punch

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 November 15 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both very much. Once I looked up the change in spelling of the last name from Pabst to Papst I found the family I was looking for. Very grateful for the advice.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 07 November 15 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Great to hear. Pleased we could help.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.