Author Topic: George Gordon and Wife Rachel Wedderburn in Census records  (Read 2245 times)

Offline ecksdochter

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Gordon and Wife Rachel Wedderburn in Census records
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 November 15 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
     One tree on A*try shows the actual Death Certificate of Rachel Gordon with the date 30th Dec,1860. (Registered Jan,1861) very clearly written on it. Then, I assume they have found an 1871 Census with a Rachel Gordon (born Aberdeen not Old Meldrum) so they've changed the year of death to 1881. Could be a slip of the finger because the day, month & place of death all match the certificate, just the year changed, but they have included the 1871 Census! And of course some sheep have followed!!
     Check and double check everything.
     Yes Forfarian, I know which Census I would go with, and it's not the one I found and posted! Census transcriptions are not their best point. Although, I did put an extra letter 'a' in 2yr old Margret Hay's name. A*try had Margret not Margaret as per my post.
               Regards,     Dod.

"Scotsman! I am not a Scotsman -- I am a Fifer."

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 November 15 18:54 GMT (UK) »
Yes I seen that also Dod I put the year as 1860 instead of 1861 ..Amazing how they had her in other census forms after the death  ::)
Rosie

Offline Fogmoose

• RootsChat Senior
  • For many hours and days that pass ever soon...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 30 December 15 04:58 GMT (UK) »
Any relation to Wedderburns that emigrated to Toronto from Aberdeen  in the early 20th century? I have a Mary Jane Wedderburn, widow of Charles, son named James, living in Toronto in 1920. In fact, my Grandfathers entire family emigrated to them from Aberdeen in that same year before some of them continued on to New York City a few years later, where GF met my GM. Happy Holidays!
Jaffray, Morrison - Monquhitter
Bird or Burd, Ironside - Methlick
Young - Aberdeen, Banffshire
Reid, Milne - Kincardineshire
Sanderson, Marshall, Marr - Foveran
Black, Ross - Rathven
Searle or Seale, Steel(e), Forbes, Adams- Aberdeen
Hutche(s)on, Keith, Greig, Fowlie - Cuminestown, New Deer, Monquhitter, Methlick

Offline amandar

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 30 December 15 21:49 GMT (UK) »
 :)

my great grandfather was Andrew Gordon Walker born 1870 his parents were William Walker and Mary Bruce.  I have found that his parents were Alexander Walker and Helen Gordon
James, Smith, Walker, Tallett, Randall, Edwards,Mason,Hardiman,Terrey