Author Topic: John Boyd, Oxford, 1822  (Read 463 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
John Boyd, Oxford, 1822
« on: Friday 13 November 15 20:16 GMT (UK) »
John Boyd was born before 1810 and was the son of my ggg grandfather Samuel Carson Boyd, who had 7 children in Oxford. Because of the advertisement below, I know that  John lived in Oxford in 1822 but would like to find him after that. Samuel emigrated to Canada abt 1830 but John did not go with him. Would there be  any more information in Jackson's which would verify John's residency and/or his occupation, or even his age, as I just know that John was born before 1810 but probably after 1800 as Samuel was born 1780 in Ireland so not likely to have children before 1800. John's mother was Mary Lawson.
Thanks for any help
Peggy
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Advertisements & Notices.
Jackson's Oxford Journal, Saturday, May 18, 1822; Issue 3603.

--------------------
Whereas there has lately appeared in the city and county of Oxford scandalous and malicious hand-bills, purporting that Samuel Carson Boyd, of the city of Oxford, hired a horse and cart from John Margetts, horse dealer; - I do hereby state that the aforesaid statement is false ; the said horse and gig having been taken by Mrs. Margetts, (Mr. Margetts then being in the King's Bench,) in part of payment of a large debt by the said John Margetts while he kept the Anchor Inn.
Signed for my father, SAMUEL CARSON BOYD,
17 May 1822    John BOYD.
-------------------
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: John Boyd, Oxford, 1822
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 November 15 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)