Author Topic: Phoebe Constance Beven  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Emma Cleal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Phoebe Constance Beven
« Reply #18 on: Friday 17 November 23 00:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chezza60 ,
That is amazing. My G G Grandmother was Alice Rosa Rostron and she went on to marry Henry James Hodge. My Grandmother was Elsie Alice and she married William Talbot. My father was also William Talbot. Dad passed away a couple years ago. He remembered going to the farm where his grandmother worked and that the aboriginal children were not allowed to go to the local hospital if they were hurt or sick.
I have a lot of information about the other children that are put down as Phoebes siblings - the older twins who died did not have a father listed so I think that Rosa Bolton , their mother , either had these children to another person and that she took Phoebe in as a baby or that one of the aboriginals on Tara Station hooked up with her. All of the dates do not add up with Phoebe and the other children. I have sent off to get help with chasing down a birth certificate from Birth Deaths and marriages - There is no certificate in the system for both NSW and Victoria.

Offline chezza60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 17 November 23 05:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Emma,
I agree with all you have said that was our guess that Rosa took in Phoebe in as a aboriginal child.
We have a relation that has done extensive search trying to find anything on Phoebe yet has found nothing.
good to touch base if i come across anything will let you know.

Cheers
Cheryl

Offline Emma Cleal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 19 November 23 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Cheryl ,
I will keep digging as well and let you know if I get any more information
Emma