Author Topic: How many times did Elizabeth Hannah Hargreaves marry?  (Read 1397 times)

Offline kaperc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: How many times did Elizabeth Hannah Hargreaves marry?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 15 November 15 06:36 GMT (UK) »
take a look at this family and see what you think - if Elizabeth Hannah / Ann Platt married in 1885 to John Hargreaves  and you know her fathers name was Roger Platt - this Elizabeth Ann Platt was born 1865 - not 1869 ....looks to be the right family to me
names are given of Elizabeths siblings and mother to Elizabeths own children ie Sarah / Alice

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KD6Z-FQ8   9 miles from Newchurch

what do you think ?

I think you are right!
Thanks for all your help. I've done a lot of searching and have lots more to work with now.
England - Todmorden/Burnley: Cooper/Berry, Horsfall, Greenwood, Kershaw, Strachan, Hargreaves, Platt, Barcroft, Hamer. Derby, Staffs: Grimley, Ison.

England - Somerset: Chivers, Lintern, Memory; Tefft

Ireland - Co. Tyrone: McElrea, Fulton, Forsythe

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 November 15 07:12 GMT (UK) »
BTW, NOW my husband tells me he remembers visiting relatives at Stacksteads...where was that information 20 years ago? LOL

some research is quite simply easy and a little boring - I found this family very interesting and quite a challenge ...it is YOU who now have a very interesting ancestry and I am interested to know -any more Sarah as a christian name in recent times ??....I think it is so nice when a family name is passed on generation after generation - I wonder if Sarah Ann Barcroft mother and grandmother were also named Sarah ???...I would have to find that out if I was in your shoes .
good luck in your research  and thanks for such an interesting family ...it was fun
 :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline kaperc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 15 November 15 22:12 GMT (UK) »
I am interested to know -any more Sarah as a christian name in recent times ??....I think it is so nice when a family name is passed on generation after generation - I wonder if Sarah Ann Barcroft mother and grandmother were also named Sarah ???...I would have to find that out if I was in your shoes .
good luck in your research  and thanks for such an interesting family ...it was fun
 :)

No more Sarahs in the family as yet, but I will report back.  I feel the same about names - I was happy to find that I am at least the third Isabella (though a middle name) in a row in my mother's family...sadly, I will be the last. My mother's brothers have been remembered as well.

Kathleen

England - Todmorden/Burnley: Cooper/Berry, Horsfall, Greenwood, Kershaw, Strachan, Hargreaves, Platt, Barcroft, Hamer. Derby, Staffs: Grimley, Ison.

Offline kaperc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 18 November 15 05:51 GMT (UK) »
The story just goes on and on. Given the information from Garstonite about possible other children, I kept digging.

I found another daughter (it seems) named Ada Johnson Hargreaves b. 1896, died 1897

Then I went to the LANC OPC records and searched for Hargreaves and found the following:

Baptism: 31 Dec 1896 St John the Evangelist, Great Marsden, Lancashire, England
Ada Hargreaves - [Child] of Elizabeth Ann Hargreaves
    Born: 11 Mar 1896
    Abode: 1 Yorkshire St
    Notes: Privately [in margin. Father's details blank]
    Baptised by: A. Wilson
    Register: Baptisms 1895 - 1899, Page 37, Entry 296
    Source: LDS Film 1471098

Fred Hargreaves - [Child] of Elizabeth Ann Hargreaves
    Born: 18 Sep 1893
    Register: Baptisms 1895 - 1899, Page 37, Entry 295

Sarah Hargreaves - [Child] of Elizabeth Ann Hargreaves
    Born: 18 Oct 1889
    Register: Baptisms 1895 - 1899, Page 37, Entry 294

Burial: 9 Jan 1897 St John the Evangelist, Great Marsden, Lancashire, England
Ada Johnson Hargreaves -
    Abode: 1 Yorkshire St. Little Marsden
    Buried by: George A Fry
    Register: Burials 1895 - 1900, Page 50, Entry 399

It looks as if little Ada was ill and mum took two of the others along to be baptized as well. This makes it look like 9 children altogether.

Still looking for John Hargreaves' death. Perhaps the marriage cert will give me his father's name, which will help weed him out from all the other John Hargreaves (please let it be Hubert or Aloysius).