Author Topic: Uncle who emigrated to Australia in 1950s  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Bernie21248

• RootsChat Extra
  • Musson and Knowles families.
    • View Profile
Uncle who emigrated to Australia in 1950s
« on: Monday 16 November 15 15:34 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any information on an uncle that emigrated, with his family wife and I think 2 sons to Australia. Don't know where specifically, sometime in the 1950s, don't know when exactly :-\
My uncles name was G E Musson, born 1910's, in Leicester, England.
Any information would be much appreciated.
Interested in MUSSON and KNOWLES surnames mainly in Leicestershire, Derbyshire and Lancashire. LAKIN and BURROWS surnames mainly in Staffordshire, Shropshire, Warwickshire and Derbyshire. RILEY surname in Leicestershire. FLETCHER surname in Derbyshire. Very interested in the DUDLEY surname.

Offline ennael

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Uncle who emigrated to Australia in 1950s
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 November 15 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
  Do you know G's parent names please?

Leanne

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 November 15 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
  Do you know G's parent names please?

Leanne

From a quick BMD  UK hunt, the parents may have been Archibald B MUSSON and Mary LAKIN.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 November 15 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Welcome to RootsChat,

Can you please confirm that you already know that your Uncle, whom you identify by name, is no longer living. 

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=368728.0

Here on RootsChat we are very concerned that the privacy and security of the living is protected. For this reason we do not allow searches for living persons. Although we fully understand you would like recent information to add to your tree, or that you may wish to make contact with birth families, relatives you lost contact with when they immigrated to Australia, missing family or friends, we are afraid we are unable to assist you.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience this causes you but we are sure you will appreciate the reasons for this.

Please See:
- http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,142443.0.html

and

.... If you are providing details of someone we are likely to suspect may still be living, but you know is deceased, please state this. 

I have relatives alive and very much alert, and who read RChat as guests.  They are years older than your Uncle born in 1900's whom you are identifying in your opening post.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 00:21 GMT (UK) »
How certain are you that they went to Australia? There appears to be only one George E Musson born in the year that you stated (mother Lakin as given earlier)

Births Dec 1900's
Musson    G E    Lakin    Leicester    7a   556

That then corresponds to this death

G E Musson
22 Oct 191*
DEATH:    Jul 1998
Birkenhead, Cheshire, England

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Bernie21248

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 09:55 GMT (UK) »
I am very sorry. I am new to RootsChat and have inadvertently sought information on an uncle who is possibly still living, apologise.
Interested in MUSSON and KNOWLES surnames mainly in Leicestershire, Derbyshire and Lancashire. LAKIN and BURROWS surnames mainly in Staffordshire, Shropshire, Warwickshire and Derbyshire. RILEY surname in Leicestershire. FLETCHER surname in Derbyshire. Very interested in the DUDLEY surname.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 10:34 GMT (UK) »
What are your thoughts on the death I gave you? Could he have returned from Australia as the dates fit?

Offline Bernie21248

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Thank you groom. Have found that death in the past and don't think it's the same person. There is a discrepancy in date of birth and think Liverpool is an unlikely place for him to be. I can not be 100% sure he and his family went to Australia in the 1950s, but it is what I was told by my father. Do remember visiting him and his family, in Leicester in the early 1950s, but no contact since.
Have been informed that this is an unacceptable lookup, and ca not give specific details because the person may still be living.