Author Topic: Levenshulme Directories online ??  (Read 2338 times)

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Levenshulme Directories online ??
« on: Saturday 09 July 05 10:22 BST (UK) »
are there any directorys online that will give me the names and occupations of folks from the levenshulme area of manchester,mack
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Levenshulme Directories online ??
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 July 05 21:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Manmack,

What sort of year's are you looking at ?

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

skippy

« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 July 05 23:19 BST (UK) »
YOU COULD TRY

http://www.historicaldirectories.org/

Directories cover 1840's to 1911

Good Luck

SKIPPY

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 July 05 08:09 BST (UK) »
sarah/skippy,i lost my post sorry for the late reply,sarah any directory during or just before ww1,mack
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 July 05 21:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Manmack,

If you find nothing on the site that Skippy recommended, I could always go to the library and have a look for you. (It may be next week)

Just let me know who I am looking for, possible trades or even addresses if you have any and I will do my best.

Sarah  :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 19 July 05 00:14 BST (UK) »
hiya sarah,ime afraid my research is to long and complicated,you would be in the library forever,i have been researching my local war memorials for two years,i have managed to find 580 out of 600+,but 30 of them are proving difficult,to explain what i mean,i will use one of the 30 names,i need to find out if a g boucher was living in levenshulme around the ww1 period or a boucher family,after that,i have to find which one of the g bouchers listed in the cwgc is mine,but those details were between 5 and 10 years old,so anyone still connected to him has either died,moved or remarried, ???why didnt i just take up something easy like train spottin,if i can be of help to you,please let me know,i have crazy things like,the army deserters lists for 1828-1840,police [m/c] enrolement lists for 1858-1918,m/c grammar school register and about 3000 other ref books involving the military,regards,mack

Offline Eastman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 December 06 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Aside from the Manchester orientated trade directories I have seen Levenshulme included in some suburban or urban directories for Stockport!

Manchester's Central Library also has some voters lists (not concurrent years) which include Levenshulme.

To manmack,

Could you please tell me what years your m/c grammar school register covers? as I am loking for some ancestors who might have been pupils there.

Eastman

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 08 December 06 16:43 GMT (UK) »
sorry eastman,only just seen this,the school reg covers from the day it opened till about 1952,i no longer have it,but can get my hands on a copy,mack

Offline Eastman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 08 December 06 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi manmack,

It would be great if you could get the m/c Grammar registers back.

I am looking for a Lawrence Hargreaves BENSON b1895 (Chorlton registraton district)

- so he might have made Manchester Grammer c1906.

For some reason free BMD have him down as Lawrence Barrington BENSON but I have never seen him named thus?

With thanks in advance,

Eastman