Author Topic: TalkTalk Email Notification Problems not receiving RootsChat Emails now resolved  (Read 10542 times)

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: TalkTalk Email Notification Problems - not receiving RootsChat Emails
« Reply #27 on: Friday 27 November 15 14:21 GMT (UK) »
I too will have to notify Talk Talk about not receiving email notifications, as I have not received notification emails today, but from past experience of their customer service I'm doubtful as to what they will do about it. Reading this post makes me wonder about emails I have not received and some arriving late over the past few months. I would change, but I need to wait until the end of my contract to avoid a cancellation fee.
Tofgem

Think a lot of us will not be renewing our contracts  >:(

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 27 November 15 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Had a good nights sleep and have woken up to the conclusion that if every customer of Talk Talk, Walk Walked and went to some other provider that that might wake them up. There is no excuse for customer disservice. Sadly many companies use it as their  business model.

There is that American example of the Customer "Service" incident  that kept a customer hanging on for hours (toll free) and then left for the night with him still hanging on.

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 27 November 15 15:25 GMT (UK) »
I had a text message from them with the option to reply Fixed or Not Fixed. I was on my way to have lunch with my sister so they had to wait for my Not Fixed response.   Now I've had another text message to call them using a mobile phone...........again. >:(

I will not be beaten on this!
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 27 November 15 16:30 GMT (UK) »
Yet another phone call......this time I was told I did not have to use my ancient, unreliable mobile to call them. ::)

Same old story, same old patter.........this has been "escalated" so many times it should be up there with the International Space Station.  :D

So, fellow sufferers,.........make sure you are sitting comfortably and get on the phone/"live chat" to TalkTalk......we need to keep telling them!
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 27 November 15 17:38 GMT (UK) »
This is getting silly......another phone call from TalkTalk, this time on my mobile....usual patter with the additon of a request to "keep the line open" so that they can get in touch with me.  ::)

Anyone else getting a similar response?

Nanny Jan

Offline tofgem

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 27 November 15 17:57 GMT (UK) »
Talk Talk are going mad or else its my computer. I searched for a way to contact them re the Rootschat notifications i.e. by email, and discovered that I had to phone or chat. I refuse to phone as every time I have done this in the past it has cost me a small fortune and their chat lines were busy. I then found their forum and discovered that Tiscali email accounts and Windows10 don't work -glad I haven't upgraded. I have just checked my emails to discover that I am receiving copies of all my emails starting from the last one I received this morning and they are still downloading. Where are they all coming from? I have all my emails redirected to Windows Live Mail and I checked that there were none sitting in my Talk Talk webmail. Most of these emails have been read and deleted. They are still downloading, the beginning of November has been reached. Help!!!
Tofgem

Offline tofgem

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 27 November 15 18:13 GMT (UK) »
This is ridiculous. It is still downloading unopened copies of my emails and has reached June.
Tofgem

Offline tofgem

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 27 November 15 18:41 GMT (UK) »
I have just deleted 706 emails manually plus whatever was in the spam folder. I received unopened copies of every email received back to 28th May. This was only for one email address. I have two. I really will have to contact TalkTalk.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem was/is?
Tofgem

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 27 November 15 20:11 GMT (UK) »
This is getting silly......another phone call from TalkTalk, this time on my mobile....usual patter with the additon of a request to "keep the line open" so that they can get in touch with me.  ::)

Anyone else getting a similar response?

Nanny Jan

I give up they keep saying the problem is with rootschat  :D The person I spoke to asked me for my password for my e-mail address ..I told him I was not prepared to give him my password so he told me he could not help me  ???