Author Topic: TalkTalk Email Notification Problems not receiving RootsChat Emails now resolved  (Read 10528 times)

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: TalkTalk Email Notification Problems - not receiving RootsChat Emails
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 November 15 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Another 30+ minute online chat which got nowhere apart from a request for me to telephone (again) another number.

Chocolate teapot........at least I could eat that!  ;D
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 November 15 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Chocolate teapot........at least I could eat that!  ;D
Glad they are not sapping your Humour

For you Jan http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/schokolat/product/the-chocolate-teapot-experience  ;D ;D
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 November 15 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Watch T/T I had problems a few years ago and while the engineer here helping me contacted them the young girl cleaned my computer family tree ,photos documents e-mail addresses the lot I was so annoyed the engineer was shouting down the phone to her to stop but it was too late ....they then sent me a bill for £72  I refused to pay it this was direct debit I went to the bank within minutes and the girl put it back in for me ...I then started to get letters from their solicitor by this time the money they wanted was over £200 ..I then went to citizens advice and the won my case

But saying that I have to go into Yahoo scam to pick up my rootschat mail even though I have got rootschat in my contact box

Elizabeth

McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 November 15 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Mini update:

TalkTalk have just telephoned me!  I talked through the whole sorry saga (again) and was told that the problem was being escalated (yet again) and that I should hear back from them within 48-72 hours.  Hmmm....let's wait and see!

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 November 15 16:19 GMT (UK) »
I lead a very sheltered life with no Customer Disservice People in it.

I have no cable TV. No cell  phone that I need to speak to a CDP. I go into T-Mobile’s local shop to renew my prepaid minutes once a year. No debt. Receive my monthly statement from NatWest in the post as their logging is too complex for me. Lost my credit card a few weeks ago. Spoke to an extremely efficient computer and it replaced the credit card. No subscriptions to any company so I do not have to worry about automatic renewing. If I had to fly anywhere I can go to the airport and buy a ticket there for a date in the future. Life is great even if is rather boring. 

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 November 15 18:54 GMT (UK) »
You sound a relaxed type of guy Barry...

Just contacted talk talk again, different person slightly better response but still quoting 48-72 hours...at least (they say) have linked our complaints together so they have the extra information that we have just given them.

Hope you are having a Happy Birthday Jan ;) We would normally send you a birthday greeting but you know how things are ;D ;D ;D ;D
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 November 15 19:18 GMT (UK) »

I have told them several times about others with the same problem....it sounds as though, perhaps, the message is getting through.

Thank you for the birthday greetings; it's been a bit unusual but not as bad as when my parents moved house on the day, birthday cards going to both addresses.......... ;D

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 26 November 15 20:02 GMT (UK) »
And a Happy Birthday Nanny Jan  from me also hope the problem is resolved soon with TalkTalk  ???
Rosie

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 26 November 15 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Happy Birthday from me too
Down in Plymouth for my grandsons passing out parade

Just tell T/T your going somewhere else
I did at the finish
Elisabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth