Author Topic: Jean Baptiste BERLAND  (Read 1837 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Jean Baptiste BERLAND
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 08 February 22 08:10 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Joy.
Hopefully Dale will answer you soon.

Did Mary remarry as Rein?

That implies that she and Jean never married.

Could Jean have already be married?

I did notice this info on Familysearch and was struck by the inclusion of the Prosper christian name

Jean Baptiste Prosper Berland
Principal
France, Paris, Marriage Records, 1860-1918

Birth  Loir-et-Cher, Centre-Val de Loire, France
Marriage 22 August 1865
Paris, Seine, France
Father Jean Baptiste Berland
Mother Honorine Aimée Gaillard
Spouse Emilie Bouteloup
Parents Jules Etienne Bouteloup, Joséphine Epoigny

Is it possible Jean was already married when he had the 2 children with MaryMarie Rein?

Trish :)

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline HanhO

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 February 22 03:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trish many thanks for your info but it is not my JeanBaptist Berland, yes the name is 100% the same but the man was dead by 1859 in Lyttleton Jail NZ. The man you listed married in 1865. Yes Marie Ann did remarry as Raine so possible she was never married to Jean B Berland or maybe the shame of him dying in an insane asylum made her use her last married name instead. I have just managed to get his coroners report from the Lyttleton jail from Canterbury Museum but the long hand writing is so hard to read, I have only deciphered about 1/4 of it and not how or where he ingested seawater. I have found a birth record on Family search that looks interesing, It has a Marie Ann Raine being born in Lune Creuse France but being christened in Romalkirk Yorkshire in 1833 thats the date that was recorded on her gravestone when she died in Akaroa NZ. But if we look at the census of 1851 from St Helier Jersey Channel Islands it says she is 23 and born in England both her sons are born after 1851. Prosper in St Malo which is just across the water from Jersey to the French Mainland have not pinned down where Jules was born yet but they must be Jeans. Will just have to keep digging.
Many thanks
Regards
Joy

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 February 22 03:25 GMT (UK) »
What I was getting at is that Jean may have been married before and the 1865 Marriage may have been of a Son of his from that Marriage.

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline HanhO

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 09 February 22 03:42 GMT (UK) »
Ahh I see so a previous marriage for Jean B Berland yes its possible, will file that away
Thanks

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 09 February 22 06:53 GMT (UK) »
Your welcome :)