Author Topic: Sean Casey - Lord Mayor of Cork  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sean Casey - Lord Mayor of Cork
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 December 15 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Things were a bit crazy in Ireland in 1922 so he may not have been registered. I know my grandparents marriage from Feb 1922 was never registered, and at some point during the War of Independence my other grandfather a postman had all the keys of the rural postboxes taken from him, don't know if they interfered with the post but it was a period of things going astray.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 December 15 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Direct access to a family member would probably produce the most accurate information!

Irish Newspaper Archives is accessible in some libraries and has obituaries and details from his funeral that could name siblings and parents to help pinpoint his background

If his mother had any medical issues in childbirth she may have been confined and delivered in Dublin and his birth would then be recorded there -
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline siobhan casey

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 22 February 16 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alan. My name is Siobhan Casey. Daughter of the late Sean Casey.Can i help u in your search.

Offline AlanR83

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 22 February 16 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello Siobhan,

Thank you for posting, I have been researching my family history for a few years now and I have traced my Casey ancestors as Farmer's in the area of Castlequarter, Kilbeheny, Co. Limerick. My Great Uncle was Fr William Casey, Parish priest of Abbeyfeale, Co. Limerick (1844 - 1907). A few months ago when talking with relatives about the Casey's one of my Uncle's mentioned that he heard his father say years ago that there was a connection with Lord Mayor Casey. I believe I have found the marriage cert of Sean Casey's parents - Owen Casey & Alice McCarthy, 27 September 1919 - 24 Sheares Street, Cork City. On the marriage cert Owen's father is listed as John Casey - a farmer, however no other information is given. I was wondering if you know anything more about your Great Grandfather John Casey?

Regards,
Alan

Offline AlanR83

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 22 February 16 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello Siobhan,

Once you have posted 3 times on this site you can send a private message, if you do not want to post information on the open forum, then I would suggest replying with a blank message twice more on this site and then you will be able to message me directly.

Alan