Author Topic: Where did Arthur go?  (Read 738 times)

Offline LMFAO

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where did Arthur go?
« on: Sunday 06 December 15 06:58 GMT (UK) »
 I am trying to find Arthur Brushett after 1901. I cannot find a death or marriage.
He was born in Winchester in 1886.
In 1901 he is with widowed mother Ellen and an older brother William Charles . (His father had died in 1893.)
They are living at 4 Lower Lyon Street St Mary's Southampton. I have found all of his siblings in 1911 he is not with any of them.
My mother remembers her mother saying that one of her uncles had emigrated possibly to South Africa when she was a little girl. (She was born in 1905 ). So I am guessing if it was Arthur he may have gone before 1911 census. Living in Southampton it would have been pretty easy for him to set sail!!!! ;D
Many Thanks for looking

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Where did Arthur go?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 December 15 15:05 GMT (UK) »
There is an Arthur Brushett who marries Ivy Florence Mary Seed in Camberwell 1934. He would have been about 48 so maybe a bit old for your Arthur. There is a Minnie and a William Frederick Brushett with them -don't no ages or who they are though.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline LMFAO

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 December 15 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that info. I will to some more research and the moment I do not have a William Frederick Brushett in my tree but it is food for thought.
Thanks for looking.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 December 15 19:36 GMT (UK) »
I can't see an Arthur Brushett (or an Ivy Brushett) on the 1939 register. There is a William F Brushett born 1876 and an Annie E Brushett, plus 2 more and one officially closed living in Bermondsey.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk