Author Topic: Elizabeth Sarah Lamb - marriage and death help pls?  (Read 872 times)

Offline benn34

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Sarah Lamb - marriage and death help pls?
« on: Monday 07 December 15 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi guys,

I am really stuck trying to find a marriage and death for Elizabeth Sarah Lamb born 1818 in St Mary's Newington, Surrey and a birth record for her father Thomas Lamb who was born around 1789 but I dont know if he was born in Newington where all his children were born, Lambeth where he married or Walworth where he died in 1821, it could be somewhere totally different. His occcupation was labourer/hawker.

I have a membership to Ancestry and have checked Familysearch as well but I cant seem to find anything if anyone is able to help.

Any information on Elizabeth Sarah or Thomas birth would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Ann

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Sarah Lamb - marriage and death help pls?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 December 15 17:02 GMT (UK) »
You presumably got her details from FS

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NYJD-B31

Do you know for certain that she survived infancy?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline benn34

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 December 15 17:22 GMT (UK) »
You presumably got her details from FS

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NYJD-B31

Do you know for certain that she survived infancy?

Hi Carole,

Yes it was Family Search, however no I dont know if she survived infancy I'm afraid. Its like she has disappeared off the face of the earth. I have found a death for her sister Sarah Susannah Lamb who died in infancy the same year as her father (1821) in Walworth Surrey but nothing for Elizabeth Sarah so that made me think there could possibly be a marriage for her??......so frustrating  :-\

Ann

Offline 12tootsi34

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 February 17 14:36 GMT (UK) »
I am investigating my line and it includes the Lamb family. Try using Balchin instead of Lamb(e) as her name. My line sometimes never married their partners as there was no divorce in those days. Children sometimes took the name of their father balchin when he had died.
West, Alexander, Banham, Balchin.

Offline benn34

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 February 17 11:02 GMT (UK) »
I am investigating my line and it includes the Lamb family. Try using Balchin instead of Lamb(e) as her name. My line sometimes never married their partners as there was no divorce in those days. Children sometimes took the name of their father balchin when he had died.

Hi,

Do you have the same Lambs as me? Elizabeth Sarah Lambs parents are my 3 x grt grandparents William Lamb and Sarah Mary Bleach.

Ann