Author Topic: Thomas Browning of Stourmouth : Searching for baptism  (Read 537 times)

Offline Ravelin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Thomas Browning of Stourmouth : Searching for baptism
« on: Wednesday 09 December 15 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I am searching for the baptism of Thomas Browning.

He married Jane May in 1729 at Stourmouth. Thomas was buried at Stourmouth in 1783.

He may be the Thomas Browning who was confirmed in the neighbouring parish of Wickhambreaux in 1724. I believe the age that children were confirmed at was about 13 so that would put his birth year as c1711 ?.

I have found some possible Thomas Browning  baptisms in the early 1700's at St Alpahge Canterbury, Bekesbourne, Nonnington & Sholden but they are not very close to Stourmouth.

Ravelin

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Browning of Stourmouth : Searching for baptism
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 December 15 16:52 GMT (UK) »
There are several trees on line with this family in, but of course this would need to be very carefully checked out! Thomas Browning baptised 17/9/1704 Nonington-parents Thomas and Elizabeth. Married Jane May 20/10/1729 Stourmouth-seven children. Buried 13/6/1783 Stourmouth.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline Ravelin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Browning of Stourmouth : Searching for baptism
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 December 15 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your help paco. I have the marriage/burial date and children info already.

My Thomas is probably one of those Thomas Browning baptisms in Canterbury, Bekesbourne, Nonnington & Sholden.

Yes i think i will need to contact the owners of the various trees online to see if they can help me.

Ravelin