Author Topic: Graveyard/headstone for Alexander and Isabella (Bella) Turner in Hamilton?  (Read 5677 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Graveyard/headstone for Alexander and Isabella (Bella) Turner in Hamilton?
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 28 May 17 09:34 BST (UK) »
Seems that OP doesn't like what has been found, but I can report that the Alexander Turner who died in 1969 was the widower of Mary Gray Walker and the son of Neil Turner and Sophia Edwards. So back to the drawing board.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 28 May 17 11:39 BST (UK) »
I've just had a look at the 1936 death cert of Isabella Turner/Moffat. According to that she was 'married to Alexander Turner, Ship Donkey Engineerman', so looks like Alexander was still alive in 1936. The informant was her son James Turner who had an address in Greenock.
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 28 May 17 14:04 BST (UK) »
Isabella's death certificate again confirms the identity of Alexander. Hopefully this week I'll be able to get a bit more information from this end.

At least there's 3 of us sorting out the correct Alexander Turner  :-\

Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Online sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 08 January 22 09:45 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone assist me to find graveyard/headstone details for Alexander and Isabella(Bella) Turner?  Alexander Turner was born 29 July 1869 in Hamilton - his parents Archibald (b.1832) and Christina Turner nee Binning (b.1848 d.1921). Alexander Turner married Isabella (Bella) Moffat(t) on 29 July 1902 in Ringsend Presbyterian Church, County Londonderry, Northern Ireland. In 1881 they lived at 1 Brandon Street, Hamilton. They had one son Alexander in 1909.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

I can confirm that the above Archibald Turner and Sarah Binning are buried in Bent Cemetery and that their son Alexander was lost at sea 1904, as per info on the headstone