Author Topic: The ' Folly' McDaid clan from in and around the Illies  (Read 5521 times)

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
Re: The ' Folly' McDaid clan from in and around the Illies
« Reply #18 on: Monday 11 July 16 16:45 BST (UK) »
Hello Sile b
Just wondering if Catherine's mother is called Anne?  As being the first born daughter!!  Looking at a certain site.
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline Illibarth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Tracing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 11 July 16 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Sile b
Just wondering if Catherine's mother is called Anne?  As being the first born daughter!!  Looking at a certain site.
Sorry, Little Annie I do not know what you mean by “Looking at a certain site”.
I agree with you about the name probably being Anne. I searched RootsIreland civil deaths for possible Anne McLaughlins, Fallask records. The closest I came was Nancy McLaughlin (Nancy is Anne) a widow who died on 13/8/1871 aged 70 but the informant was Henry McLaughlin and I could find no trace of a Henry McLaughlin, Fallask, alive around 1871 except the man who was a witness to the marriage of George Donaghy and Catherine McLaughlin in 1874. I believe therefore that this Nancy may be your ancestor and not mine!

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 11 July 16 18:52 BST (UK) »
Think you are right in this one !! Wonder if they related ? Good luck on your search Sile b
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline Illibarth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Tracing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 11 July 16 20:07 BST (UK) »
Think you are right in this one !! Wonder if they related ? Good luck on your search Sile b
I think there is a distant relationship between the two McLaughlin Fallask families but I cannot prove it.

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 14 July 16 12:04 BST (UK) »
donegal rescoures

http://www.donegalgenealogy.com

then come down the page and click on Fahan Lower

Offline Bald Eagle

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 04 April 20 00:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Mag
          You have mentioned a John McDaid (Tirk)  could that be Turk by any chance.  I as that because there was a John McDaid Turk drowned in Loch Foyle in 1865 after a collision between 2 steamer The Falcon and the Garland