Author Topic: Trow family Montgomeryshire  (Read 2760 times)

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Trow family Montgomeryshire
« on: Friday 15 July 05 21:16 BST (UK) »
I have an interest in the Trow family of Berriew, Montgomeryshire, particularly the family of Joseph Trow a butcher of Welshpool born about 1815.
Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline Siani Powys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Trow family Montgomeryshire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 November 05 19:01 GMT (UK) »

(1)  “Montgomeryshire Families CD,” William V H Barker, 25 Wheeler Street, Shelton, CT 06484.
Genealogical data on about 500 Montgomeryshire families from 1675-1825. No longer sure of the address but I learned of it 6 yrs ago on the RootsWeb POWYS list.
(2) I found some TROWs here: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=alrita&id=I1127
(3) and the Granddaddy site of all TROWs:  http://pfmustoe.myftp.org/

Hope these help.

Siani Powys, gggranddaughter of Mary TROW b 1820 Mochdre + Arthur WILLIAMS b 1821, Ceri
Siani Powys (WILLIAMS)
Researching ANGELLs, BAILEYs, WOOSNAMs in Montgomershire, BC and Shropshire (pre 1860s)
Researching WILLIAMSes and TROWs in Ceri, Powys <1850
Researching KNEALEs in Westmoreland
Researching HURRIE in PA and Scotland (early 1700s)
Researching PEEBLES in US, Cumberland, PA 1700s

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: Trow family Montgomeryshire
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 November 05 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Siani, I was aware of the pfmustoe site but unfortunately the Trows shown on it are mainly from the Kerry area.   
Early in my research I thought my great, great, grandmother, Jane Trow, was shown on the site.   Later after I obtained her marriage certificate, I discovered her father was Joseph, a butcher.   Jane was born in the Berriew area and was married in Welshpool, which suggested her father lived there.   A number of her children were also born in Berriew.   However I have been unable to discover more about her, or her family.
Her family may well have come from across the border in Shropshire, but for all that they remain a mystery.
Thanks again for your interest, Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire