Author Topic: Murrie  (Read 1163 times)

Offline watcher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Murrie
« on: Saturday 16 July 05 00:36 BST (UK) »
Trying to trace Murrie family who stayed in Cronin by Coupar Angus 1901 and also in St Madoes, any info would be appreciated
Pearson,Person, Pierson, Young, McGrath,Hurst,Kane, marshall, Cooper,Quin,Clark,Smart,Mann, Carlisle,Stewart(Stuart),Burns, Deuchars,Peddie,mcFarlane, Haliburton, Montgomery & Winton

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Re: Murrie
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 July 05 02:13 BST (UK) »
The Only Murrie Family I could find in the 1901 were three children living with their grandparents.

Jemima Murrie aged 5, she was born in Tibbermure in Perthshire

Alfred Murrie aged 3 born in Glencarse in Perthshire

George Murrie aged 1 born in Glencarse in Perthshire

The grandparents were Alfred Mann aged 47 a Cattleman on a farm and Jemima Mann aged 46

Alfred Mann was born in England and Jemima was born in Dundee in Forfarshire.

I found the birth cert of Jemima Murrie.

Jemima Mann Murrie born November 12 1895 (Illegitimate)

Father George Murrie - Ploughman

Mother Catherine Mann Agricultural Laborer

Jemima Mann and George Murrie obviously got married I found the date of marriage on George Junior Murrie's Birth cert.

He was born on 20th march 1900 in Tayfield Cottages in the Parish of St Madoes to George Murrie Ploughman and Catherine Murrie nee Mann

Catherine and George were married on january 1st 1896 in Tibbermore in Perthshire

Catherine Murrie nee Mann died aged 23 two days after George junior was born.

March 22nd 1900..

on the death cert her parents are listed as

Alfred Mann

Jemima Mann nee Halliburton

Alfred Mann and Jemima Halliburton were married on 31 December 1874

His parents are listed as

Abraham Mann ( Shipmaster deceased)

and

Elizabeth Frazer formally Mann and nee Mill.

Her parents are listed as being

George Halliburton ( Coal Carter, Deceased)

and

Jane Halliburton nee Cameron

Jemima Halliburton was born in Dundee on December 27th 1867

Hope that this helps

Best wishes

Mo .
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline watcher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Murrie
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 July 05 19:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks Mo, Info you gave me has helped plug a few gaps, but start a new line.
 I have now found out that my Gr grandfather and Gr Gran mother went to St Madoes for the birth of my Grandfather,in Jan 1900 because Catherine was her sister .
They were mentioned in 1901 census as living in Cronin by Coupar Angus, as Catherine died after George was born the children moved up to Cronin to stay with their grandparents.
 thanks again, now to plug the new gaps, charlie y
Pearson,Person, Pierson, Young, McGrath,Hurst,Kane, marshall, Cooper,Quin,Clark,Smart,Mann, Carlisle,Stewart(Stuart),Burns, Deuchars,Peddie,mcFarlane, Haliburton, Montgomery & Winton