Author Topic: Earl Grey Hotel Morpeth  (Read 3520 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Earl Grey Hotel Morpeth
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 January 16 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Its nice to meet you too.
I was born in Hamilton and lived there till I was 19. Usual thing, off to Auckland and on to Sydney 3 years later :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Online Galium

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 January 16 11:56 GMT (UK) »
It might be worth contacting the Morpeth Herald - a local newspaper which has been going since 1856.  They seem to be interested in the history contained in their archives:
www.rootschat.com/links/01gty

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MargaretAnn45

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 May 20 16:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Maggie,

I have just read your post on the Earl Grey Hotel in Morpeth. Alexander Murray was my grandfather and he lived at the Earl Grey with his family. I am tracing my ancestry at the moment and have a fair bit of information that you might find helpful. Let me know if you would like to know more.

Margaret

Offline MargaretAnn45

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 20 May 20 20:00 BST (UK) »
Hello, my name is Maggie, I am from New Zealand - Alexander Murray and his wife were ancestors on my mother's side of the family.  They owned the hotel for some years before Alexander passed away 24 February 1906 - I am trying to find information and hopefully some form of picture history of either the couple or the hotel. Can anyone assist in any way.  Kind regards
I am the grand daughter of Alexander Murray. I have some information on the Earl Grey Hotel My name is Margaret .

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 21 May 20 12:50 BST (UK) »
Hi MargaretAnn45.

Maggie hasnt been on Rootschat since 2016 so you may or may not get a reply.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline MargaretAnn45

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 21 May 20 13:07 BST (UK) »
Hello, my name is Maggie, I am from New Zealand - Alexander Murray and his wife were ancestors on my mother's side of the family.  They owned the hotel for some years before Alexander passed away 24 February 1906 - I am trying to find information and hopefully some form of picture history of either the couple or the hotel. Can anyone assist in any way.  Kind regards

Offline MargaretAnn45

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 21 May 20 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am the grand daughter of Alexander Murray and may have some information to give you. Margaret

Offline MargaretAnn45

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 21 May 20 17:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trish. Here’s hoping she picks up at some point! Otherwise, do you know how I might get in touch with her please? Margaret