Author Topic: George Alexander Gibson and Dulcie Prosser  (Read 498 times)

Offline Dreamingoutloud

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Alexander Gibson and Dulcie Prosser
« on: Wednesday 13 January 16 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm looking for descendants of George Alexander Gibson, born in 1897 in Carlton, Victoria, and his first wife Dulcie Prosser, who I believe was born in 1903.

I am researching the history of the Watson family and am distantly related to George Gibson's second wife, Alice Maria Watson. I have recently been to the PROV and have photographed a copy of most of the documents in the very extensive divorce file of George Gibson and Dulcie Prosser.  (I wanted to understand whether Alice was the cause of the divorce, but it turns out she wasn't.)

I'm not sure whether the descendants of George and Dulcie have seen the divorce file and have a copy. The state of the file suggests maybe not. If there is anyone out there who hasn't, please get in touch as I'm happy to send you a copy.

Cheers
Sharon

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George Alexander Gibson and Dulcie Prosser
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 January 16 03:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sharon

Welcome to Rootschat.

Did you want any other information about George and/or Dulcie?

I assume you have seen the TROVE reports of the divorce proceedings which give his name as Gordon Alexander GIBSON
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/3934031
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/202291343

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dreamingoutloud

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Alexander Gibson and Dulcie Prosser
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 January 16 09:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Judith,

No, I haven't seen the reports on TROVE, I'll go and have a look now. (Clearly should have searched under 'Alexander Gibson'!)

I don't really need any information on George or Dulcie - I now understand why George's second wife Alice died in South Australia, and I was pleased to see from the divorce file that Dulcie made good and became a nurse.

Alice's younger sister Vera actually also divorced in 1929, having fallen pregnant and been married at the age of 15 to a ne'er-do-well who wouldn't support her or her child.  Later in life, Vera unsuccessfully disputed Alice's will - I can only assume she didn't realise that George had willed his property to Alice on condition it go to his son Douglas after she died.

Sharon