Author Topic: What! The 1939 Register For Free!  (Read 71390 times)

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: What! The 1939 Register For Free!
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 21 January 16 04:56 GMT (UK) »
To use the American Vernacular I would say that possibly the 1939 Register is "hurting". Possibly quite a few people  have exhausted their need for the site. I have used it and am very pleased with the results.

Ps. I have a partial knowledge of the Australian Language and Cockney Rhyming Slang but am far from fluent in either.

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 21 January 16 07:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Well I received my email after I got back from Stafford archives yesterday and I've changed to automatic renew.

Offline Beeonthebay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 21 January 16 07:57 GMT (UK) »
I can't afford to take up an annual sub so only buy monthly and that's a bit hit and miss, I've just looked at my account and at the moment I'm on a world wide monthly but that was because I got it half price.  So it looks like this will only be available to people who can afford to cough up for an annual subscription, what about those of us who can't?  :'( :'( :'(

(I also subscribe to Ancestry monthly and have a 3 month sub left with The Genealogist)
Williams, Owens, Pritchard, Povall, Banks, Brown.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 21 January 16 08:15 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if local library services who give access to FindMyPast will now be able the 1939 register to their users? Might be worth checking out
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 21 January 16 08:26 GMT (UK) »
I can't afford to take up an annual sub so only buy monthly and that's a bit hit and miss, I've just looked at my account and at the moment I'm on a world wide monthly but that was because I got it half price.  So it looks like this will only be available to people who can afford to cough up for an annual subscription, what about those of us who can't?  :'( :'( :'(

(I also subscribe to Ancestry monthly and have a 3 month sub left with The Genealogist)

Bee, I assume you purchased a 4 month thegenealogist subscription for £40?  FindMyPast have had numerous half price 12 month Britain or World subs in the last year or so.  Admittedly more World recently than Britain, but there was a Britain offer recently too which was only £10 more than the offer of 4 months for thegenealogist and far better value in my personal opinion.

At some point, as with the 1911 Census, the 1939 Register will probably get added to monthly subs but was never likely to happen at the start because, at the very least, of the numerous £1 per 1 month offers they have had in recent years.  They wouldn't be recouping any money that way.  When the 1911 Census was first added FindMyPast didn't have 1 month subs, only 6 or 12 month ones.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 21 January 16 08:46 GMT (UK) »
Doesn't your email say "we are giving you unlimited access to ... The 1939 Register" in the first line?

Can't see why the currency you used to purchase your subscription should make any difference to that

Yes, it does say that in the first line, so hopefully it will be ok - I'll soon find out on 16th Feb! Thanks for the reassurance!
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Beeonthebay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 21 January 16 09:04 GMT (UK) »

Bee, I assume you purchased a 4 month thegenealogist subscription for £40?  FindMyPast have had numerous half price 12 month Britain or World subs in the last year or so.  Admittedly more World recently than Britain, but there was a Britain offer recently too which was only £10 more than the offer of 4 months for thegenealogist and far better value in my personal opinion.

At some point, as with the 1911 Census, the 1939 Register will probably get added to monthly subs but was never likely to happen at the start because, at the very least, of the numerous £1 per 1 month offers they have had in recent years.  They wouldn't be recouping any money that way.  When the 1911 Census was first added FindMyPast didn't have 1 month subs, only 6 or 12 month ones.

Thank you smudwhisk, I will be looking into it.  I'm dropping The Genealogist when this sub runs out as they barely have any records I'm interested in.  Though their search engine for censuses by street name or families is pretty good admittedly.
Williams, Owens, Pritchard, Povall, Banks, Brown.

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 21 January 16 12:00 GMT (UK) »
Seen email from FindMyPast......still can't believe it....but 1939 Reg..will soon be included on FindMyPast..16th Feb

Cheers
Yonks
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 21 January 16 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Seems going to be on FindMyPast..in with your subs

Yonks
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay