Author Topic: Where to look for a baptism record for 1918-1919  (Read 2724 times)

Offline anne_p

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where to look for a baptism record for 1918-1919
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 23 January 16 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Joseph and Eliza were living at East London Street, Edinburgh when they married in May 1922.
Joseph was living at 10 Wilfrid Street, Edinburgh when he married Agnes 4months later.
In Jun 1923 his address was given as 29a Howe Street, Edinburgh

Offline vicky19

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 23 January 16 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annie,

Ah thanks but I've got the newpaper clipping already and some of the court papers, it's all a very complicated mess, I think Joseph was a bit of the stereotypical view of commercial travellers in having different families in different places. He'd basically had an irregular marriage with Eliza Quinn which he should have taken to the Sheriff to get legalised within 3 months but didn't, then married Agnes a few months later only to have the first one legalised by the court... And in the court papers Eliza said she given birth to twins... I've not found any record of them yet either.

I've found no records of any divorces yet from Eliza... But he and Agnes must have stayed together after this because Geoffrey's younger brother was born nearly 10 years later after all this marriage confusion. It was only when the youngest son was a toddler that they split up.

I don't think Geoffrey can be Joseph's son but I so far have not found any likely candidates with other surnames who could be him either....

Vicky
Lillywhite, Dwane, Hatchett, Curtis, Giuliani, Payne, Meen, Rockliff, Leopold, Winney, True, Groombridge, Middleton, Agombar, Scanlon, Grice, Vezey, Hindley, Cannell, Welch

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 23 January 16 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Here are two entries from the NAS to add to you collection should you ever with to obtain the actual documents. 

CS46/1923/7/60   Interim decree of declarator of marriage etc. Mrs Eliza Ina Queenie Daniels or Cooper or Lawton v Joseph Aloysius Lawton  July 1923

CS46/1923/11/34   Decree for payment of expenses, Mrs Eliza Ina Queene Daniels or Cooper or Lawton v Joseph Aloysius Lawton  November 1923

Don

I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 23 January 16 16:32 GMT (UK) »
Just to help again with the previous old thread, already linked previously, www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=720931.0

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline vicky19

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 24 January 16 18:04 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for trying to help...I have appreciated it, I do wonder if he just might not have been registered for whatever reason. Vicky
Lillywhite, Dwane, Hatchett, Curtis, Giuliani, Payne, Meen, Rockliff, Leopold, Winney, True, Groombridge, Middleton, Agombar, Scanlon, Grice, Vezey, Hindley, Cannell, Welch

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 25 January 16 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Vicky, given the period of time we are talking about, v. likely he was registered. More a question under what name...and where. I think probably it may be down to the name he was registered under.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk