Author Topic: Maria Dowse,b1878 Beelsby,Lincs.  (Read 6397 times)

Offline brionne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Maria Dowse,b1878 Beelsby,Lincs.
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 28 January 16 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Looks increasingly likely that Maria Thompson nee Dowse died in 1915.
Theres a death 30 Mar 1915 buried Castlemaine Cemetery ,Campbells Creek,Victoria.
which maybe the correct person. Brionne.
Dyer,Wilts,Weare Somerset Dorset Wilts.
Weare/Robinson Ottawa Canada.Petty Wilts.
Simper Wilts.West Wilts.West Vermont.Kelsey Surrey.Chappell
Chapel Essex.McPherson,M Pherson MacPherson
Perthshire Scotland,Cork,Dublin,Drogheda Ireland.
Census information Crown Copy right from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 28 January 16 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi to you all who have so brilliantly helped me out with my query above.
you are all stars and wonderful people,i will work my way through all your information
and this will help me piece together some interesting  facts and lives for my family
Once again i thank you all
Many thanks  ;D
Barnes,Driffill,Altoft,Thompson,Metcalfe,Owbridge,
Houlton,Parker,Barrett,Dowse Wild,Kennan all in and around scunthorpe,winterton,winteringham,burton stather,Paull nr hull, Preston nr hull,caistor,market rasen,middle rasen, Storrs -Scunthorpe,Parrett-Hull,Clark -Tealby, Booth,Calhoun- Driffill-Bradford,Londonderry,Ellerbeck- Kirby Yorks,Stephenson- Yorks,Jowett -Thorne yorks,James.

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 28 January 16 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi just to let you all know ive already got her sister Emily married to George Blow
Marriage
16 May 1882 • Swallow, Lincolnshire, England
George Blow

(1864–1943)
and her death
Citation Information

Transcript
    Australia, Death Index, 1787-1985 View Record Name Emily Blow Death Date 20 Dec 1906 Death Place Queensland Father's Name William Douse Mother's Name Emma Hill Registration Year 1906 Registration Place Queensland Registration Number 003278 Page number 2177
Detail
    Australian Death Records.
i do have the following records for emigration.
Emigration
1882 • Queensland, Australia, Passenger Lists, 1848-1912 Immigration & Emigration

Name Geo Blow Birth 1864 Departure Glasgow, Scotland Arrival 4 Sep 1882 - Cooktown - Age: 18,
but as with Maria, nothing other than this as i dont have access to records of whta they did or where they lived, if anyone can please  let me have any children and or occupations for them id be most greatful,even maybe having living relatives.
Many thanks once again for all your help
Debbie xxxx ;D

Houlton,Parker,Barrett,Dowse Wild,Kennan all in and around scunthorpe,winterton,winteringham,burton stather,Paull nr hull, Preston nr hull,caistor,market rasen,middle rasen, Storrs -Scunthorpe,Parrett-Hull,Clark -Tealby, Booth,Calhoun- Driffill-Bradford,Londonderry,Ellerbeck- Kirby Yorks,Stephenson- Yorks,Jowett -Thorne yorks,James.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 28 January 16 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Looks increasingly likely that Maria Thompson nee Dowse died in 1915.
Theres a death 30 Mar 1915 buried Castlemaine Cemetery ,Campbells Creek,Victoria.
which maybe the correct person. Brionne.

Not the right one.

THOMPSON Maria
Father SMITH Joseph
Mother Mary BENNETT
Age 82
Death Place Cmaine
Year 1915
Reg. 878

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 28 January 16 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sparrett,
many thanks for the info that the possible death given for Maria Dowse/Thompson is incorrect,as her parents are not accurate that you have found.
Many thanks
Debbie  :)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 28 January 16 20:45 GMT (UK) »

as i dont have access to records of whta they did or where they lived, if anyone can please  let me have any children and or occupations for them id be most greatful,even maybe having living relatives.
Many thanks once again for all your help
Debbie xxxx ;D

Deb,
It is easy to access Australian records.  Many are freely available. A few require private resources in order to get more detail.   
Have a look at the Resources list at the top of the Australian Board to get started.

For instance you can easily find the births and deaths of the children to George BLOW right here

https://www.bdm.qld.gov.au/IndexSearch/queryEntry.m?type=births

Have a look here for death notices and other sightings.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/search?adv=y
Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 28 January 16 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Debbie,
  the BLOW children's births and marriages can be found here https://www.bdm.qld.gov.au/  free to search.

Some snippets :
Marriage of a daughter of George and Emily http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article215255524

Her death - sadly she was only 21
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article53897682
 http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article53881291

Death of son-in-law A.Galloway http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article54282991

One of the son's WW1 service record http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/ViewImage.aspx?B=3093854

regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 28 January 16 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aussie,
Many thanks yes your right Emily is the sister of Maria, it seems that emily and her husband george followed Maria down to Australia 5 yrs later,
Many thanks
debbie xxx

Offline debs14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 28 January 16 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sparrett and Rosball,
so many thanks for the above links and information  for access to the records for me to search the records, i will bookmark them on my computer and set to working on them over the weekend,Many thanks
Debbie xxx :)