Author Topic: stannard family tree  (Read 7107 times)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: stannard family tree
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 03 February 16 14:46 GMT (UK) »
Don't forget though that in your opening post you have Christiana marrying Thomas Revell in Derby in 1839 so she would need to have married John Stannard as her 2nd husband after the birth of Eliza in 1822 and he would have to have been alive to father Charlotte in 1832/33 but to have died before her 3rd marriage to Thomas Revell in 1839.

Have you checked for deaths/burials of a John Stannard between 1833 - 1839?

And if she took fatherless Philip to Derby with her what did she do with fatherless Charlotte unless she had died too - unless a different Christiana & John Stannard were her parents?

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline rs2016

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 03 February 16 19:21 GMT (UK) »
Don't forget though that in your opening post you have Christiana marrying Thomas Revell in Derby in 1839 so she would need to have married John Stannard as her 2nd husband after the birth of Eliza in 1822 and he would have to have been alive to father Charlotte in 1832/33 but to have died before her 3rd marriage to Thomas Revell in 1839.

Have you checked for deaths/burials of a John Stannard between 1833 - 1839?

And if she took fatherless Philip to Derby with her what did she do with fatherless Charlotte unless she had died too - unless a different Christiana & John Stannard were her parents?

Pheno

Hi, charlotte did go to derby with her mother (christiana) as they appear in the census together, I have her birth date as 6th dec 1833 although in the census it varies and even her burial record states she was aged 60 when she died in 1896 so that would make her birth year 1836!

I have found another child by christiana livock and and john stannard, his name was john stannard too but died in infancy (19th feb 1831 - 3rd march 1831) both baptism and burial recorded at st.james with pockthorpe, norwich, norfolk.

I have found 2 burials for the adult john stannard so far one at downham, norfolk 27th feb 1835 and the other at christ church, eaton-st.andrew, norfolk 19th july 1839. Don't know how i would determine which one is the one i'm looking for even if it is one of those.

Maybe like you said this christiana lovick and john stannard have nothing whatsoever to do with christiana livick and robert stannard, always wondered because of the different spellings of her surname i keep coming across, if thats the case i'm back to square one!

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 03 February 16 19:25 GMT (UK) »
What date was the 1839 Derby wedding to Thomas Revell?

If before 19th July 1839 it would suggest that the John Stannard buried 19th July 1839 in Norfolk is not your man.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline rs2016

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 03 February 16 20:51 GMT (UK) »
What date was the 1839 Derby wedding to Thomas Revell?

If before 19th July 1839 it would suggest that the John Stannard buried 19th July 1839 in Norfolk is not your man.

Pheno

just checked and thomas and christiana married on 23rd september 1839 so unless she moved to another part of the country and remarried within a couple of months after johns death its probably the one that died in 1835.
That being said, looking again at the detail of the marriage her father is named as LOVICK so again im wondering if the info regarding christiana's birth as LIVICK which was supplied earlier by another user is accurate.

Also found a census in derby where philip stannard is at the same address as a samuel livock and emma, i thought they may have been his auntie and uncle but i cannot find any connection between them and christiana livick.

Thanks for your responses.

Offline The Yokel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 03 February 16 21:24 GMT (UK) »
The John Stannard buried 19 July 1839 at Eaton St Andrew was aged 9 years, the one buried 27 Feb 1835 at Downham was aged 68 years

yokel

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 04 February 16 08:39 GMT (UK) »
A good many people from Norfolk followed the weaving trade as it moved to the industrial mills in northern England. Is it possible that John and Christiana moved to Derby and that he died there after the birth of Charlotte 1833 and before 1839, and Christiana'  3rd husband (a stone mason) just happened to be from Norfolk as well.

Offline The Yokel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 04 February 16 08:45 GMT (UK) »

Was it not illegal to marry your dead brothers widow in those days?

Offline rs2016

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 04 February 16 09:41 GMT (UK) »

Was it not illegal to marry your dead brothers widow in those days?

Haha i havent actually found a marriage certifacate for john and christiana so they probably didn'tmarry, john stannard appears at charlottes birth as her father, mother christiana lovick.

Offline rs2016

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 04 February 16 09:54 GMT (UK) »
A good many people from Norfolk followed the weaving trade as it moved to the industrial mills in northern England. Is it possible that John and Christiana moved to Derby and that he died there after the birth of Charlotte 1833 and before 1839, and Christiana'  3rd husband (a stone mason) just happened to be from Norfolk as well.

christiana's 3rd husband?
The timeline i'm working with at the moment goes

robert stannard married christiana livick/lovick in 1817
they had son in 1818, philip stannard.

christianna then has another child, Eliza hazzerd stannard in 1822 with an unknown male.

christianna and a JOHN stannard have a child, charlotte stannard born somewhere between 1832 and 1836

Christianna next appears in derby with philip and charlotte where she married thomas revel(l) who is from derby, they are both described as widowed at their marriage.