Author Topic: New Ancestry Lifestory Format  (Read 1536 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: New Ancestry Lifestory Format
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 February 16 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried the free Libre Office at all?  Its Open Source and a bit like MS Office.  You can open PDF documents and edit them.  Admittedly it behaves a little like a desktop publishing program in that you have text boxes, etc, with the sentences/part sentences contained within, but I suspect you could remove the extra space with it.  Then you can re-save as a PDF document.  I downloaded it to see if I could add more bold text to narrative reports from my family tree software program which doesn't provide the facility unless you save as a text file and open in Word.  Unfortunately then you lose all the formating for photos/pictures.  With Libre Office I can amend the text formating and then resave as a PDF without losing any of the formating for pictures, etc.  It is admittedly a bit fiddly to use, if you bold any text, you tend to have to add spaces to the front of the next text box or they overlap, but, as its free and allows me to do what I want, I'm not too bothered about that.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Lizalex

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: New Ancestry Lifestory Format
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 February 16 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Smud, I THINK I'll give that a try. Good information.

LIZ
Ballantyne, Young, Allan, Thommeny, Masterton,