Author Topic: Edwin Edwards, bricklayer, Garden village Wrexham  (Read 935 times)

Offline cad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Edwin Edwards, bricklayer, Garden village Wrexham
« on: Saturday 06 February 16 00:48 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to follow up the life of my Nan's grandmother born Jane Pugh in Pontrobert, she married an Andrew Dorricott in Shropshire and as a widower married Edwin Edwards (batchelor) aged 47, in 1923 ,the location of the marriage was the parish church of Rhosddu (St. James? I presume), his father was Edward Edwards (deceased) a collier, both bride and groom were living at 75 Ffordd Estyn, Garden Village at the time of the wedding.
When I ordered the marriage cert I hoped I could use the info on it to pin them down in the 1939 register but can't find an Edwin and Jane Edwards that match. Can anyone help me find out what happened to this couple after they married? Any other helpful info gratefully received.
Looking at the 1881 and 1911 census for Wrexham my favourite candidate for Edwin is the son of Edward and Hannah, do you agree?
Thanks for reading this post, hope it makes sense!
Wiltshire,Somerset : Cainey, Summers, Payne, Wallis,
Wales: Pugh, Watkins, Williams, Edwards,
London: Binden, Sullivan, Tickner, Tilt
Ireland: Tracey, Sullivan, Dalton

Offline Raybistre

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edwin Edwards, bricklayer, Garden village Wrexham
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 February 16 14:52 GMT (UK) »
Found the following on FreeBMD

Deaths Sep 1937   
EDWARDS    Edwin    61    Wrexham    11b   272   

If the right Edwin, could be why he's not in the 1939 register

Offline cad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 February 16 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that, I've also found a death there for a Jane Edwards age 63, Dec 1939, Wrexham ( that age tallies with her birth cert rather than her marriage.

Offline cad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 February 16 01:01 GMT (UK) »
Bingo!
I thought I'd post what I just discovered incase it's of some help to others, I have just searched the Online Wrexham Cemetery Deaths Index and confirmed that the Jane Edwards that died aged 63 in 1936 must be her, how do I know that? Well the address given for where she died is the address my nan and her stepfather are listed at in the 1939 register (in fact my great grandparents continued to live there till their deaths). Handy tool that register, I recommend it.