Author Topic: Rosina Lesa Jones  (Read 1282 times)

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rosina Lesa Jones
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 05 March 16 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Dear Phil,
Many thanks for doing that. It has come out wonderful. I will now be able to put it into our Family Book that i'm in the process of putting together..........many thanks, best wishes, Shirley. :)

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 12 March 16 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shirley

This is a bit of useless info but the postcard image was sent from Hartlebury where I lived for a couple of years & visit cousins there 3 times a year for 6 weeks at a time so I do know a fair bit about the place & my cousins husband was born & has lived there all his life(so far) & is now 84 so what he doesn't know about the village is hardly worth knowing.  If you want a couple of look ups done for Hartlebury I shall be going there mid APR to mid MAY & visit the HIVE at Worcester once a week, the only draw back is that its a 10 mile bus ride each way so thank goodness I have a bus pass :)

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline cinny22

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 13 March 16 05:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Phil,

Many thanks for your kindness. At the moment i can't think of any research i would need from there, as after the birth of Rosina, the family shifted up to Barrow and here they stayed and quite a few descendants still live there today.Really the only connection was the Anchor and Rosina.
It was so kind of you to resend the Post card which i will treasure and put into my "family history" book.
I have not yet been to Worcester, but i'm determined to make a visit in the next year or two.
Again, many thanks for your kindness and all you have done for me......best wishes, Shirley. :)