Author Topic: Simpson  (Read 3128 times)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Simpson
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 08:18 GMT (UK) »
George Simpson's WW1 Army records contain Sarah's death certificate.  She died aged 28 on 22 June 1919 of gallstones and cardiac failure.  The informant was her mother, R. Rolph.

Address for both was 26 March St, Nottingham.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline seelig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 09:02 GMT (UK) »
OH avm..... that is simply amazing please can you teach me how you get such information ...so George was in army and that information was included that is so informative and an address where they were living as well cant thank you enough that is a great addition to the story. I would love to know how to do these searches very willing to learn Thanks ....Looking at some notes I have I think she is buried at the Church Rock cemetery in Nottingham and it will be something I will do next time in Nottingham I will try and find her grave and will be the first connection my partner has had with his grandmother.

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 13:04 GMT (UK) »
George's Army records are on the Ancestry web site. If you are in the UK your local library will probably have free access.

On the set I found it states he married Sarah on 1 October 1907 and the lists children

George Eric born 20 March 1908
Florence Mary born 22 February 1909
Thomas Arthur born 12 June 1911
Leonard born 20 September 1915
Doris Elizabeth born 29 September 1916

There is something written beside Doris which I can't fully read except for the date 29June 1917.

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 13:11 GMT (UK) »

There is something written beside Doris which I can't fully read except for the date 29June 1917.

I think it says something like B C (?) wife 19.7.17 - presumably George's wife produced the birth certificate so that Doris' details could be added, the other children having already been born when George enlisted.
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 13:14 GMT (UK) »

Leonard born 20 September 1915

Leonard's details appear to have been amended on the face of the document from 20.9.15 to 20.10.14.

He looks likely to be the Leonard Simpson born 20 October 1914 who died in Nottingham, Mar qtr 1988.

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 13:28 GMT (UK) »

On the set I found it states he married Sarah on 1 October 1907

This is amended on the face of the document to 6 October 1906, which is consistent with the Dec qtr 1906 registration previously found.

It looks as though there was a baby on the way - the birth of their first child Frederick Albert was registered in Nottingham in Mar qtr 1907.  Sadly his death was registered in the same quarter.

Offline seelig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 14:05 GMT (UK) »
OH MY WORD what can I say how do you do that...... I need to read again and try and take it in There may be another son William H Simpson 7b 626 .....where are all these siblings well of course my partner knows his aunt Florrie so she was a sister then and she married Uncle Ernest so there name wasn't Simpson so I can start a search on that one using her name,  I just need to go back and read I was struggling with Sarah Alice getting married at 16 and not having any children until 1911 which was the first one I found You have other siblings I need to relook I cant remember so I will relook and write them down Thank you so much its is uncomprehendible ..not sure that is a word
 Cant believe there are more I wondered where they all are isn't it just so very sad

Offline seelig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 14:19 GMT (UK) »
  Gibel     GIBEL WHOOP just noticed the date of the birth of Doris Elizabeth the first confirmation that this is the right family.....this is the family her Mum was  Sarah Alice Rolph ,..... that is just too amazing  THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 16 February 16 14:33 GMT (UK) »
A Florence M Simpson married an Ernest Collinson in Nottingham in 1948. Does that name ring any bells?

I think you need to have a look at the 1911 census. This is available on Ancestry and Find my Past which your local library may well have.