Author Topic: James Geddes / Mary Sim  (Read 12498 times)

Offline T.Donaldson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: James Geddes / Mary Sim
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 03 November 05 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

That was a possibility but no luck there so far.

Now im wondering if you and i have had some very long email chats earlier this year ??

Offline Fransmoi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 19 November 05 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I don't know the answer to that one but I see now he has books on for sale on Amazon. I used to correspond with him on Ancestry's, Banffshire pages and this is the only e-mail address I can find now.
I have a note to search for his Sim booklet next time I'm up in the loft. It was called "From Banff to Plymouth .The memorabilia of a nineteenth century sailor" by Paul Remfry published 1997.
Fransmoi.

Aird,Anderson,
Babington,
Bothwell,
Clark,
Dunford,
Errington,
Fleming,Forrest,
Gerrard,
Kinghorn,
Leslie,Loudon,Lumsden,
Mackenzie ,MacLeod,McLeod,Milne,Montgomery,
Ramsay,Ross ,Rust
Shields,Sim,Sowden, Stoddart,
Turnbull,
Wallace,Woodman

Offline Fransmoi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 03 February 06 15:42 GMT (UK) »
 Have now cleared one corner of the loft above the garage - brr it's cold up there - but no Sim booklet in the first box uncovered.So disappointed. Just to let you know I've not forgotten you, tkd !

Fransmoi
Aird,Anderson,
Babington,
Bothwell,
Clark,
Dunford,
Errington,
Fleming,Forrest,
Gerrard,
Kinghorn,
Leslie,Loudon,Lumsden,
Mackenzie ,MacLeod,McLeod,Milne,Montgomery,
Ramsay,Ross ,Rust
Shields,Sim,Sowden, Stoddart,
Turnbull,
Wallace,Woodman

Offline T.Donaldson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 03 February 06 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Fransmoi

I had almost forgotten i had posted this. It could have waited still spring when your lofts warmer !

tkd

Offline Glendaveny

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 03 February 06 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Tracey

Have you been in touch with Howard Geddes?  He is also searching for this couple - without success I think when last I heard.   Can probably put you in touch if you don't have his email address.

Mary Sim's sister Margaret was my GGG Grandmother by the way.

Kath
I am researching Kemp, Emslie, Mitchell in Lumphanan, Aberdeenshire; Marshall, Shewan and Adie in Longside/Peterhead, Aberdeenshire; Still, Sim, Duncan and Andrew in Boyndie/Fordyce Banffshire; Niven, Bruce, Ross, Robert in Fetteresso / Durris, Kincardineshire.

I have been researching for over 20 years and have a very extensive tree involving each of those names, proven back to the early 18th century in some cases.

Offline T.Donaldson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 04 February 06 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kath

There is someone else i think on here who has the same connection to you - Margaret Sim.

Ive had many long amusing chats with Howard, a very nice man.
Ive got no further proving James Geddes parents or his death date. I know of someone who is going to Gamrie in the near future and if he can is going to have a look.

Fingers crossed and its nice to come into contact with another distant relative.

tkd

Offline Glendaveny

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 04 February 06 21:35 GMT (UK) »
I've just realised who you are!   We have been in touch before and you gave me the basics of your line so that I could see where you fit in.   I think you and Howard will just have to go to Fordyce with a shovel on this one.
I am researching Kemp, Emslie, Mitchell in Lumphanan, Aberdeenshire; Marshall, Shewan and Adie in Longside/Peterhead, Aberdeenshire; Still, Sim, Duncan and Andrew in Boyndie/Fordyce Banffshire; Niven, Bruce, Ross, Robert in Fetteresso / Durris, Kincardineshire.

I have been researching for over 20 years and have a very extensive tree involving each of those names, proven back to the early 18th century in some cases.

Offline T.Donaldson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 04 February 06 21:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kath

Did i fill you in ? oh my god there are so many contacts now i forget and what didnt help was that my internet provider conveniently lost all my old mails so i have just had to wait till people get in touch again !

Dont tempt me with that shovel !

tkd

Offline Fransmoi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 25 March 06 23:46 GMT (UK) »
 So many of us still chasing your Mary SIM from Fordyce, tkd, and I'd hoped so much that Paul Remfry's work would hold the key but re-reading it I think you have been down this route before.

This is Mary b before 1749/50 at Fordyce 4th child of 6 listed for Margaret Young and John SIM.
Alas she married Peter BREMNER 13 May 1777.

I was in touch with a rootschat member "runner" whose e-mail I found in the excellent Port Gordon web site .
His line is GEDDES and I'd hoped but no luck there either.

As he says it might be useful to have a loook at the Family History part of the site - You never know - It's not so far along the coast - less than 20 miles - and you may recognise a relative to fit in with your search.

http://www.rgu-sim.rgu.ac.uk/family_history.htm
Reduce the URL to access the rest of the site.   

Will keep your Fordyce couple in mind .

Frances,
Inverness.
Aird,Anderson,
Babington,
Bothwell,
Clark,
Dunford,
Errington,
Fleming,Forrest,
Gerrard,
Kinghorn,