Author Topic: The Eslers Where are they??  (Read 3829 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Eslers Where are they??
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 20 February 16 19:46 GMT (UK) »
The trees are incomplete and contain lots of errors.

Actually, I think there might be 9 children by Elizabeth Anthoney but sadly most died young. Let me know if you want more information on them.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 20 February 16 19:47 GMT (UK) »
There is a James Esler leaving Liverpool for for Philadelphia 1891 born 1870, but where was he for 20 years.
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 20 February 16 19:49 GMT (UK) »
I think James Samuel may have died as Samuel Esler in Belfast in 1870.
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 20 February 16 19:50 GMT (UK) »
So it looks as if John Johnstone Esler marries my Elizabeth Marrion in Belfast in Oct 1870 has a son and a daughter with her in Belfast, then when she is pregnant with Mina, disappears and turns up marrying Elizabeth Anthony in 1874. Did they get divorced or did he just do a runner. She goes home to Macclesfield and he ends up in Kent.

What did she do with James? He is not with her and the girls
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 20 February 16 19:52 GMT (UK) »

He would have been only a few  months old then

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 20 February 16 19:57 GMT (UK) »
I think James Samuel may have died as Samuel Esler in Belfast in 1870.
Isobel
A Samuel Esler (age under 1 year) died 4 Dec.1870 Belfast registration district. You can view the actual certificate on GRONI's website (mentioned earlier in thread) for a few credits.

There is a James Esler leaving Liverpool for for Philadelphia 1891 born 1870, but where was he for 20 years.
Esler is a really common Co. Antrim name, especially around Ballymena district (which is where JJE was supposed to have been born)

Did they get divorced or did he just do a runner. She goes home to Macclesfield and he ends up in Kent.
More likely he either took off or the couple went their separate ways. Divorce was not that common.

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 20 February 16 20:03 GMT (UK) »

That's most likely James then.

So at the moment it seems as if John J Esler has two wives, both Elizabeth (smart man ::)) the one he leaves with two daughters and then has some 9 children with wife number 2.  Did they divorce or did he just take a chance that the Irish and English records wouldn't cross paths.

I do think he is Isabella and Mina's father given Isabella's middle name of Johnson. 

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 20 February 16 20:36 GMT (UK) »
If you register on GRONI's site and purchase some credits you will be able to view the 1870 marriage, births for Isabella & James as well as James' (possible) death.

As I said, divorce is extremely unlikely. If JJE either left wife #1 in Belfast or back in Macclesfield then who was going to know what he was up to down south in London and Kent.

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
Re: The Eslers Where are they?? COMPLETED WITH THANKS
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 20 February 16 20:50 GMT (UK) »
I think that's the most likely scenario. 

So it seems as if I have a bigamist in the tree, nothing surprises me about this family anymore.  :o