Author Topic: Free Look-Ups for Dublin, Ireland  (Read 77876 times)

Offline Kate NZ

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: FREE LOOK UP FOR DUBLIN, IRELAND.
« Reply #153 on: Friday 08 April 05 04:47 BST (UK) »
Hi i have searched for years for some trace of my ggrandmother Mary Elaine Fitzgerald on her death certificate it stated that she was born in Dublin she would have been born around 1864 or 1872 as she had apparently lied about her age when she had an illegitimate child in NZ in 1888 she was a Roman catholic and had told family members she had grown up in a convent i have been in touch with a couple of the convents but no lucksorry there is so little to go on but anything is worth a try i think she may have also used the name Minnie Ellen  many thanks Kate
Borders Ettrick Brydon/Bryden Smeal Tait
East Lothian King Pryde Skirvin<br />Lauder Berwick   Murdison Watson<br />Midlothian  Smail Hamilton <br />Glasgow Bryan<br />Clackmannan Todd Ramsay <br />Shetland Isles Nelson Hubbys side<br />East Sussex Fellows Hutchinson Branscombe<br />London Bowers <br />Devon Branscombe <br />Devon French Bird Dommett Hubbys side<br />Ireland Fitzgerald Bryan Burns.

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: Sunday 10 April 05 20:52 BST (UK) »
Hi harriet,

Have you looked in the birth indexes for her birth under either name?
Did she get married or appear on a census for a better estimate of place and year of birth? The early yeras 1864 to 1866 appear on the IGI database at familysearch.org and later years on the British Vital records index Version 2.

Kated
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

Offline cfturner

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Thursday 21 April 05 14:00 BST (UK) »
Catherine,

New to Rootsweb and working my way around. 
I have the Cerificate of Marriage of my gg grandparents from 1874.  The street address in Dublin is shown with the number and the street name.  I happened to see that a B&B is at that address now.  Has the City of Dublin changed street numbers or in all probably this still the same address?

Thanks very much.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Thursday 21 April 05 16:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Catherine

Looking for the KEARNEY family believed to have been in Dublin from time to time!

These details from 1881 census, Neath, Glamorgan:

KEARNEY James b 1829 Dublin
Honora b 1841 Tipperary
Mary Ann b 1862 London Middx
William b 1862 London, Middx
Patrick W b 1864 London, Middx
Francis James b 1868 Dublin
Margaret b 1875 Dublin
Sarah Ellen b 1873 Dublin

William is in my husband's direct line.  I cannot definitely associate him and Mary Ann with this family, but know that his father's name was James.

James's occupation was labourer (unfortunately!)

Is there anything I can do to pin them down?

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: Friday 22 April 05 10:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Catherine,

Can you tell me if there were any Boothroyds ( various spellings ) in the Blackrock area in the late 18th century?

Thanks, Jill.
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline skaville

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday 27 April 05 22:05 BST (UK) »
Hiya,
I dont suppose you have any info on O'Donnells or O'Gormans from 1926 onwards. My grandad Isaac Slyvester O'Donnell married Violet O'Gorman in Rathmines in 1926.
Isaacs sister was living on Cowper Road in Feb 1928. Her name was Mary Veronica O'Donnell, known as Vera. Need to find her marriage.

Offline gbaynes

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: Friday 29 April 05 20:09 BST (UK) »
I am looking for Adam Clarke Baynes and his wife Mary Ann or Martha, They had a bookshop in Liverpool until 1841 or thereabouts. They then left Liverpool, for Dublin.
At least I think it was Dublin. A book was published in 1845 which lists A.C.Baynes of Dublin as the publisher. This may mean that he had a bookshop there.

"Irish Wrongs and English Misrule; or, the repealer's epitome of grievances." by P O'Donohoe

A family bible has an approximate death for Adam of 185? They would have been Non-Conformist or Church of England/Ireland.

I don't think they appear in the 1851 Dublin Directory.

Anything you can find would be welcomed.

Thankyou

Offline Maystan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday 03 May 05 23:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Catherine

Would you be able to look up a John Bacon STANLEY, born 1776 & Barbara Lynch's children for me. They were married May 3, 1800. I have been unable to locate who their children could be. I do believe one of  them  was a Henry, b: 1805.

As I know you must be very busy, perhaps you could give me an address or email who I could  contact to obtain this info.  Thank you for your reply.

Offline carol at tankerton towers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: Saturday 07 May 05 20:35 BST (UK) »
 Hi Catherine, I am complete beginner at family history, and  this is my first foray to chat rooms as well.  I am looking for info. on the following if you can help me or tell me where to look

william stafford, son of richard,address may be King Street Kilkenny married deborah herbert, of 'the palace' kilkenny

apparently two sons, william and robert, sons of richard, married two daughters, deborah and honora.  deborah eventually died in st michans widows house dublin in 1949

honora and richard married in 1890 st st canices cathedral

we plan to visit ireland in august and would like to try and find out as much as possible before we come, so that if we have to visit record offices etc we can come armed with as much info as possible

thanks very much
Broomfield-Medway
Anderson-Upchurch, Lower Halstow Kent
White-Stepney
Stafford-Dublin
Herbert-Kilkenny
French-Stepney
Gilbert-Medway, Australia
Burley-Sittingbourne