Author Topic: Free Look-Ups for Dublin, Ireland  (Read 77886 times)

Offline NigelG

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: FREE LOOK UP FOR DUBLIN, IRELAND.
« Reply #126 on: Saturday 05 February 05 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Apologies in advance!

Dinah aka Maria McDermot - suspect born c1840 - place of birth Dublin, IRL - sorry no other location detail  :-[

In 1866 she is living in Birkenhead, Cheshire - on daughter's birth certificate in same year she states her daughter's father's name is John Biddle (Sugar Refiner - Lab).

Can find no trace of marriage in England.

However! Her daughter's marriage certificate states her father is Michael Biddle - Photographer! ???

Can someone please advise if there is there any way of searching to find;

1. Maria/Dinah McDermott and John or Michael Biddle in Dublin pre-1860?
2. A marriage for the same in Ireland/Dublin?

Struggling with this one - any advice greatfully received  :)
Davies, Edwards, Evans, Griffiths, Hughes, James, Jones, Morgan, Nicholas, Powell, Prytherch, Rees, Williams in Glamorgan, Brecon, PEM, CMN & MGY

Biddle, Budd, Clark/e, Davis/Davies, Elliott, Emery, Harper, Harris, Lloyd, Parsons, Phillips, Pitt, Reed/Reid/Read/Rhead, Rogers, Scandrett, Smith, Tyler & Waldron in Staffs, Worcs, Hef, Cheshire, Shrops., Middlesex & Surrey.

Cooghan/Coogan/Cogan - Castleblaney, Co Monaghan

Census Information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday 08 February 05 17:29 GMT (UK) »
HI,

If he was a photographer, try checking the Dublin Directories as he should have had a listing. There's one online. A link on my website.

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

Offline NigelG

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday 08 February 05 19:16 GMT (UK) »
Great site Kate but no joy

Sadly - the more I think about this, the more I think the "Michael Biddle - Photographer" figure is a romanticised, more respectable father figure created by Annie or her mother!

According to the 1871 census her mother Maria aka Dinah was a widow so he'd "hopped it" by then. There was an older sibling called Olive/Oliver or Clive born 1860 but he also seems to vanish off the face of the earth!

If anyone stumbles across a John Biddle with a Dinah (Maria) Biddle (nee McDermott) - give us a shout!

Thanks

Davies, Edwards, Evans, Griffiths, Hughes, James, Jones, Morgan, Nicholas, Powell, Prytherch, Rees, Williams in Glamorgan, Brecon, PEM, CMN & MGY

Biddle, Budd, Clark/e, Davis/Davies, Elliott, Emery, Harper, Harris, Lloyd, Parsons, Phillips, Pitt, Reed/Reid/Read/Rhead, Rogers, Scandrett, Smith, Tyler & Waldron in Staffs, Worcs, Hef, Cheshire, Shrops., Middlesex & Surrey.

Cooghan/Coogan/Cogan - Castleblaney, Co Monaghan

Census Information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday 09 February 05 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi and thank you for your kind offer.

I have written in more detail about Francis Louis Longford in another message, but to keep this one short I wonder whether he returned to Ireland from Liverpool between 1901 and 1907 when his wife claimed to be a widow at her next marriage, and died there.  As I believe he originated from Blackrock and some of his family may have still been there, I would be grateful if you could look up the cemetery records for there and see whether there is any mention of this man at all.

Thank you for any help you can give.
Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline chrisgray108

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Sunday 13 February 05 13:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kate,
Can you find anything out about Mary (Morgan) nee RUSSELL born approx 1847 in Dublin the Lancashire census for 1881 shows she married Richard Morgan probably in the uk ( he was born Tenburt Worcs.) her mother was called Ann Russell born approx 1815 also Dublin (Widowed). 1871 Lancashire census shows Ann Russell and a Mary Hood (possible 1st marriage to ? Hood in Ireland?)
Can nt  get info on Birth, Marriages or earlier census on either Ann Russell or Mary Russell ( Hood/ Morgan)
Can You Help!!!!!!!
Many Thanks
Christine

Offline doughy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Thursday 17 February 05 18:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cathrine,I wonder if you have the surname Lundberg amongst your records.I know the family came from Dublin but I´m convinced that the first Lundberg was from scandinavia in particular sweden.William Lundberg was a silversmith trading between Dublin and Bristol during the 1800´s.It would be fantastic to receive any info regarding this family.Best wishes from doughy in sweden.
winsor . Phillips. Lundberg. Baker.

Offline julesd

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday 02 March 05 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kate 

My GGrandfather  Anthony Swift was born in Leeds 1875, he married Mary Ann Preston in Leeds 1899.  His father my GGGrandfather was born in Dublin 1844, he married Teresa Carroll in Leeds 1867,  he came over to England with his father (also Anthony) my GGGGgandfather, and this is where I hit problems as I don't seem to be getting anywhere.  I would dearly love to find out about my ancestors in Dublin. 
If it is it at all possible, that you could help me out I would be very grateful.

Thanks  Julied
Draper- Huddersfield, Liverpool, Ormskirk (Lancs), & Wolverhampton.
Ellis- Hunslet, Leeds.
Mayer- Hunslet & Holbeck (Leeds).
Swift - Hunslet (Leeds) & Tipperary (Ireland)

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Sunday 06 March 05 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Have you looked in the Dublin directories? there's one online. Link on my website. Also I would try the Griffiths valuation for swift.

Kate

Hi Kate 

My GGrandfather  Anthony Swift was born in Leeds 1875, he married Mary Ann Preston in Leeds 1899.  His father my GGGrandfather was born in Dublin 1844, he married Teresa Carroll in Leeds 1867,  he came over to England with his father (also Anthony) my GGGGgandfather, and this is where I hit problems as I don't seem to be getting anywhere.  I would dearly love to find out about my ancestors in Dublin. 
If it is it at all possible, that you could help me out I would be very grateful.

Thanks  Julied
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

Offline possum_pie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Sunday 06 March 05 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi there!

I am going to visit Dublin in 3 weeks time and I just wonder if you can give me a clue where to begin!! I plan to visit the GRO to try to get more information on my Wade ancestors who I believe came from Kilkenny.  GGG Grandfather, Hugh, was born there c. 1837.  Are there birth records there?  I then plan to go down to Kilkenny to visit their library.  Any advice you can give me will be greatly received.

Thanks

Possum_pie
WADE, WALSHAW, CAFFREY, HALEY, HEALEY, TYAS, CROPPER, REDFORD, MCCOLL, FRASER, FRAZER