Author Topic: Free Look-Ups for Dublin, Ireland  (Read 77907 times)

Offline katebray

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Free Look-Ups for Dublin, Ireland
« on: Friday 23 July 04 19:28 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

In the new year 2005, I will be open to requests for surnames in the Blackrock Cemetery , Co Dublin,

Regards Catherine.)

HI from Dublin, Ireland.

I have a lot of resources which I am willing to share if you need a look up for Dublin ie,

DUBLIN STREET CHANGES.

DUBLIN PARISHES.

DUBLIN GRAVE INSCRIPTIONS  FOR DEANSGRANGE BLACKROCK,CO DUBLIN.

1901 CENSUS FOR SUMMERHILL NORTHSIDE,DUBLIN.

INDEX TO GRIFFITHS VALUATION FOR ALL OF IRELAND.

DUBLIN LOCATIONS OF GRAVEYARDS.

1738 DIRECTORY OF DUBLIN.

1851 DIRECTORY OF DUBLIN.

1950 DIRECTORY OF DUBLIN

1970 DIRECTORY OF DUBLIN.

LIST OF ORPHANS IN THE 1901 CENSUS.

LIST OF ORPHANAGES IN IRELAND.

LIST OF INDUSTERIAL SCHOOLS FOR IRELAND.

MORE TO COME,

REGARDS CATHERINE

PLEASE FIND BELOW SOME USEFUL LINKS:

Search for surnames in the 1st and 2nd War.
www.cwgc.org

The British Legion
www.britishlegion.org

Army Graves
www.army.mod.uk

Ireland Health Directory
http://www.mygp.ie

Irish Graveyard Inscriptions
http://www.interment.net

Free Surname search  for Marriages 1538-1840
www.englishorigins.com

Parishes of Ireland
http://www.thecore.com/seanruad

A to Z of Ireland
http://curratech.com/links/makeaz.php?...

All of Ireland Covered
www.looking4kin.com

List of Orphanages in Ireland
www.irishstatutebook.ie

Adoption in Ireland
www.adoptionireland.com

Local Catholic Churches and Family Genealogy
http.//home.att.net/~local_catholic/catholic-ireland.htlm

Please report any brakes, thank you, more resources to come,

Regards Catherine
I AM RESEARCHING THE SURNAMES BRAY CULLEN, FARRELL,KEOGH,SHERIDAN,SULLIVAN, all in the area of Dublin.

Offline jard

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: FREE LOOK UP FOR DUBLIN
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 July 04 20:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Catherine
Hope I haven't asked you this before.
I'm trying to trace my fathers family.
They are from Dublin and the period I'm looking at is 1900-1925.
The name is Dobbins. My father, and his mum, dad and brothers lived at the rear of 14 Warrington Place, and their grandparents lived in an adjacent 'cul-de-sac' called Powerscourt. My fathers family later moved to Fenian St, just off Westland Row ( about 1930'ish)
The grandparents are the main target.
Have you anything that could cover this period and trace them ?
Jard
Dobbins / Cullen / Walsh / Kenny    (Ireland...Dublin)
Ticehurst / Elliott / Reed / Potter / Baulcom / Verrall    ( Sussex)
Spackman / Lighten / Leighton     ( Essex)
Martin / Jukes      ( Kent....Maidstone....Farleigh)

Offline Catherine

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 July 04 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hello Catherine,

Wonder if you could look on the 1851 Directory, for Dublin for me, for a Richard Knowles.

Richards daughter Bridget Agnes Knowles b. 1864 in Dublin married my great grandfather in Salford Lancashire in 1883, on the marriage certificate she has her father as Richard Knowles his Occupation a Tailor - Bridgets occupation was a tailoress - she also had a sister living in Salford, Lancashire called Mary A. Knowles she was born in Dublin in 1849.

At present I have been unable to find anything out about them.

Would be grateful, if you could see if Richard is in the directory for me.

Thank You

From one Catherine to another   :)

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 July 04 21:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Catherine,

Welcome to RootsChat !!

What a wealth of information you have, I am sure some of our rootschatter's will be going "week at the knees" with excitement as we often struggle with information on Ireland.

Best Regards

RootsChat ;D
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline jard

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 July 04 15:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Catherine
I'll certainly try St Andrews for info, thanks for the tip.
It would be helpful if you do find something, but I appreciate your time regardless.
My grandparents lived in Powerscourt, but it was not the main area. This was a small backstreet behind Warrington place.
I was last there about three years ago and it now has one of the 'Dobbins' wine restaurants in it (no relations unfortunately), but apart from that, very little else of any significance.
Anything that comes up with the name 'Dobbins or Dobbyns' would be interesting.
Thanks again
Jard
Dobbins / Cullen / Walsh / Kenny    (Ireland...Dublin)
Ticehurst / Elliott / Reed / Potter / Baulcom / Verrall    ( Sussex)
Spackman / Lighten / Leighton     ( Essex)
Martin / Jukes      ( Kent....Maidstone....Farleigh)

Offline Geraldine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 30 July 04 20:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Catherine thank You for lookup Offer.

Catherine I am trying to find a marriage for a JOhn O'Reilly and a Rosanna McQuirk or McGuirk. The only thing I know on them is that they had a son Patrick O'Reilly born Nov 1, 1887 in Dublin Ireland. I cannot find anything on his parents. Can you help me?

Geraldine :(

Offline Lesley Marten

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 02 August 04 00:02 BST (UK) »
Dear Catherine

My great grandfather had a half-brother called Thomas Abraham Marten.  Based on census information in Liverpool (where he grew up) it would appear that Thomas was born in Dublin about 1866.  Thomas's birth may be registered in either the name Rowley or Marten, his mother being Elizabeth Rowley who later married his adoptive father James Marten.  James Marten was a mariner, which could explain why the family where in Dublin, although I cannot be sure that the family were all together at this time i.e. as Thomas was illegitimate, Elizabeth may have been "sent" to Dublin (perhaps to relatives) for the birth.  I do not know the details of Thomas's biological father.  If you could offer any help at all in solving this mystery I would be very grateful.

Regards

Lesley
Marten, Lee, Rathbone, Wise, West, Corbell, Pattillo, Andrew
http://marten-west.co.uk

Offline Mo C

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 04 August 04 15:18 BST (UK) »
Dear Catherine,
I just can't get started with my Irish relatives.  My great-grandfather had a dairy business in (I think) Meath St., his name was Thomas Phillips, his wife may have been Margaret.  They had two children that I know of, my grandmother Ellen and her younger brother Michael who ran away to America about the turn of the century, 1900.  My grandmother was born about Nov. 1880, if she had any other siblings I don't know of them.  The address I have for the Phillips family is 26, Chamber Street, Dublin, which my brother swears is the place my mother was born, but I have never heard of that fact.

If you could find out anything at all I would be forever grateful.

Sincerely,
Mo C.
Dudley - Kingswinford
Audin - Yorkshire
Phillips - Dublin
Brady - Dublin

Offline MrsLizzy

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • A Woman Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 06 August 04 21:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Catherine,

My great-grandparents came from Ballina in County Mayo - I would love to be able to get the reference for their marriage so that I can order the certificate from Dublin GRO.  Their names were John Hughes and Catherine Connell - their first son Edward was born 19 December 1923.  I think they probably married about 1922, but it could have been earlier, or it could have been early 1923.  Unfortunately I don't know their parents' names, but John was born about 1893 I think (he was 56 when he died in 1950) and Catherine was born about 1897 (aged about 38 when she died of double pneumonia in April 1935) - by the way both died in Burnley, Lancashire.

It would be of enormous importance to me to get their marriage certificate so I could see who their fathers were, so perhaps if you are there on any other business and have time, if you could have a look I would be very grateful.  I am not sure, but they may have come from Attymass or Achy in Ballina.

I can't wait to get over there and see where they lived - it looks so beautiful from the photographs!

thanks

MrsLizzy  :)
Connell (Mayo & Lancs 19th/20th c) Culling (Norfolk & London 19th c) Diss (Essex) Giesen (UK only 19th/20th c) Hackney (London) Henbest (Kent & Sussex) Hughes (Mayo to Burnley, Lancs & Edward, Parachute Regiment 40s, 50s) Lister (London) Maltby (Marylebone) Mayo (Glos) Nials Noquet (Huguenot) Phillips (S London) Poulain (France & London) Rayner (Halstead, Essex) Pratt (Kent & Sussex) Redfearn (London) Silk Speller (Rodings, Essex) Thompson (S London) Thurley Trundle Wade Westley