Author Topic: HOLLAND: Rodemark-Rodemarker-Rademark-Rademarker  (Read 6821 times)

Offline mygirlbill

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HOLLAND: Rodemark-Rodemarker-Rademark-Rademarker
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 27 February 16 02:27 GMT (UK) »
Henricus Raemaeckers born/baptised 3/9/1760 in Linne. Parents: Joannes(Jan) Raemaeckers and Catharina Thomassen. Witnesses: Antonius Raemaeckers, Geradaus Leurs, Catharina Janssen and Cornelia v/d Bergh.
Other children to this couple are Petrus 16/2/1758 and Theodorus 28/8/1673.
Will continue after the weekend as I'm expecting visitors any minute now.  ;)

Offline mygirlbill

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 27 February 16 04:05 GMT (UK) »
Visitors running late! Have done a bit more research for you in the meantime.

Marriage:
Limbricht 14/10/1749 Petrus Starrmans from Einichausen and Gertrudis Mevissen from Einichausen.  Witnesses: Maria Starrmans, Geradus Scheidts, Jacobus Custers.
Children from this marriage:
(1) Anna Maria Elisabeth Starmans baptised 1/9/1750 in Limbricht.
Witnesses: Arnold Mevissen from Einickhausen, Maria Elisabeth Starmans from Heungen.
(2) Gertrudis Starmans baptised 25/12/1752 in Limbricht.
Witnesses: Lambertus Kupers and Gertrudis Mevissen.
(3) Petronella Steermans baptised 18/7/1756 in Limbricht. (She was one of a set of twins. Other twin not mentioned so presumably stillborn)
Witnesses: Dirck Severinus and Petronella Jansen.
(4) Maria Elisabeth Sterrmans baptised 15/8/1758 in Limbricht.
Witnesses: Lisbet Dircks and Joannes Mevissen.
(5) Joanna (Anna)  Mechtildis Stermans baptised 11/11/1765 in Limbricht X Henricus Rademaker.
Witnesses: Mechtildis Stermans, Maria Elisabeth Bruggen and Joannes Severen.

Offline Scorpio Rising

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 27 February 16 04:58 GMT (UK) »
mygirlbill. Thank you again for all your hard work, I will try and get the marriage cert sorted. Have a good weekend.

Offline lininberks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 27 February 16 15:25 GMT (UK) »
I think a bit more checking is required as I have found Henricus Raemackers from Linne marrying Cordelia Storms in Roermond, in the Catholic Chruch on 25 Oct 1791.  They then return to Linne where they have a number of children, the oldest son being named Joannes (possibly after his grandfather) Henricus dies in 1811 aged 50 so the age fits with the one mygirlbill found.

Wedding: Top of right hand page

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99C4-Z97C?mode=g&i=31&wc=MCL5-G29%3A345128101%2C345201301%2C345919401%3Fcc%3D2037001&cc=2037001

Offline mygirlbill

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 27 February 16 21:36 GMT (UK) »
Yes I saw that one too! However I doubt very much that it's the right one. I still think that the one we both posted (Henricus to Mechteldis) is the correct one as it fits in with the information given on WieWasWie as well as Scorpio's information regarding this ancestors being from a place sounding like Limbricht and not Linne. The only other thing that I am concerned about is that Anna (Joanna) Mechteldis, at the birth of one of her children has the surname of "Hermans". Where does that fit in as normally this would indicate that her father's name was Herman! I also think that Scorpio's ancestor "Jon, John, Jan, etc." was named after his mother who's name was Joanna...Anna for short. I really do think we need some kind of official document like a marriage cert. as otherwise this "Jon's" ancestors could all be just guess work. 

Offline lininberks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 27 February 16 22:45 GMT (UK) »
What I meant was that the Henricus Raemackers born 1760 in Linne is not the same person as Henri Rademacker who was the father of Jean/John.  I have been trying to find out if there are any records from Waldreuth but haven't come up with anything.

The "Hermans" is easily explained.  On post #15, if you follow the link to the birth for Peter Jacob, the way Stermans is written, the St looks like a capital H.  I am pretty sure it is just a transcription error. (The exact same error happened to me with one of my lot,but in reverse - a capital H was transcribed as St, took me years to discover them!).

Offline mygirlbill

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 28 February 16 00:46 GMT (UK) »
 Well that's the Hermans bit sorted out and you're spot on correct. I wasn't going to bother with the certificates until it was confirmed that we're on the right track.
I must have misunderstood your post when you said "I think a bit more checking is required...." I thought you meant by that  that the Henricus who married Cordelia may have been the father of Jan/Jean. My mistake. Lol. But why do you think more checking is required?

Offline Scorpio Rising

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 28 February 16 02:02 GMT (UK) »
Confirmed that the marriage cert. says the farther of John was Henry.
 "Father's name is Henry, they married on 23 December 1850 at the Parish Church, Heathfield. Witnesses were Philip and Philadelphia Lee."

Offline mygirlbill

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 28 February 16 02:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi! But I take it that it doesn't give the name of the mother? Any other info besides the father's name?
What were the names they gave their children?