Author Topic: HOLLAND: Rodemark-Rodemarker-Rademark-Rademarker  (Read 6823 times)

Offline Scorpio Rising

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: HOLLAND: Rodemark-Rodemarker-Rademark-Rademarker
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 03 March 16 08:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi mygirlbill. John Rodemaker is my Gt.Gt.grandfather. I think Gertrudis Hoetmans. was born 24 Oct 1698 • Einighausen but I've got to verify that. She married 23rd. May 1718 • Limbricht, Sittard, Limburg, Netherlands, again got to verify when my Dutch speaking friend comes.

Offline mygirlbill

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HOLLAND: Rodemark-Rodemarker-Rademark-Rademarker
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 03 March 16 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello again. Aha, so I was only out by one regarding John Rademaker. Lol. Yes, Gertrudis Hoetmakers (not Hoetmans!!)  was baptised in 1698 but I have her down as 24/11/1698 and not 24/10/1698. At her baptism her surname was "Hodtmakers." She had about 5 or 6 siblings. I am still working on that file as well as the Sterrmans and Mevissen files which I had mentioned in one of my posts as well as trawling through the archives. I've been keeping busy! However, it looks like you are doing quite well on your own now and could probably go it alone and good for you!
Regarding needing your Dutch speaking friend to verify your findings. I can do that right now for you. First change "Hoetmans" to "Hodtmakers" or "Hoetmakers" and change her baptism date to 24/11/1698. And yes she did marry 23/5/1718 (see page 6 , third post down) and explanation as to who they all are, (page 6, 5th post down) and leave out the Sittard as they were married in Limbricht.