Author Topic: Looking for SMYTHE Family Scotland to Toronto 1960s  (Read 464 times)

Offline argyllshiregirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Looking for SMYTHE Family Scotland to Toronto 1960s
« on: Sunday 28 February 16 15:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

This is third hand information so I don't have much to go on but a family in Scotland has lost touch with cousins who immigrated to Canada in the 1960s. John SMYTHE married (*) SMITH in Scotland and their 3 children were (*) SMYTHE. They were last known in the Toronto. Ontario area. John SMYTHE died in the 1970s/80s. Can anyone see a death notice for John? These are not my relatives but I would like to help. I can try to get more info. if this proves too vague. Thank you!

(*)Moderator comment: Names of potentially living people removed
Fletcher of Glen Orchy, Argyll, McGregor of Argyll and Balquhidder, Perth, Mathison, Laidlaw, Forsyth of Dumfriesshire, McMillan, Johnston, Galbraith, Nicholson of Argyll, McPhail, McArthur, McKinnon, McLean, Paterson from Isle of Mull

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for SMYTHE Family Scotland to Toronto 1960s
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 February 16 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi argyllshiregirl

Rootschat is a forum for researching our ancestors, not reconnecting with missing family and friends. The names you mention have been removed in accordance with our 'no living people'policy.

Please have a look at our guidelines for posting, there are hints and tips 4 paragraphs from the bottom.

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline argyllshiregirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for SMYTHE Family Scotland to Toronto 1960s
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 February 16 01:00 GMT (UK) »
That's okay. I have just been updated that the family was found! But thanks anyway. :)
Fletcher of Glen Orchy, Argyll, McGregor of Argyll and Balquhidder, Perth, Mathison, Laidlaw, Forsyth of Dumfriesshire, McMillan, Johnston, Galbraith, Nicholson of Argyll, McPhail, McArthur, McKinnon, McLean, Paterson from Isle of Mull