Author Topic: Frank William BARRINGTON  (Read 4263 times)

Offline v i c k y

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Frank William BARRINGTON
« on: Monday 18 July 05 21:28 BST (UK) »
I'm researching the name BARRINGTON - my mother's maiden name. My g-grandfather was Frank William Barrington, born June 1881 in Bristol and married to Mary Lamb in 1905. His father was William George Barrington, born June 1853 in Bristol and married to Caroline Westerman in 1876. His father was also called William George Barrington and he was married to Elizabeth Flynn... when and where, I don't know, but I think Somerset. Of course, I'm also interested in the Lambs, Westermans and Flynns. I don't expect much joy here with the relatives mentioned above, as Frank and Mary lived and died in the London area, and the others are all very much Bristol born and bred. But I believe the family roots go deep into Somerset, taking the family name from the parish in Petherton - if I've done my homework correctly! Needless to say, any help on this would be greatly appreciated, so please get in touch if the name BARRINGTON rings any bells.

Thanks for taking the time to read and all the best with your own family research.
Barrington, Westerman (originally from Hannover), Long (originally from Prussia), Lorymore, Flyng, Porter - all Bristol, Gloucestershire.
Grimes - Bridgwater, Somerset.
Lamb - Poplar, Essex, Hither Green, Kent.
Dwan, Turner, Cole, Carter, Walker, Kay, Hughes, Maplesden - all St Olaves/Bermondsey/Rotherhithe/Southwark/Stepney/Lambeth/Wandsworth.