Author Topic: Bethnal Green Huguenots - Jacob Ferry  (Read 3149 times)

Offline solveman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bethnal Green Huguenots - Jacob Ferry
« Reply #18 on: Friday 18 March 16 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Interesting, thank you

Offline solveman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bethnal Green Huguenots - Jacob Ferry
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 28 February 23 15:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all, again, for your input. Sorry for my tardiness in replying, but, for varying pressing personal reasons, I stepped away from my research.

Yes, I agree, that the Huguenot link might be erroneous. I have discovered that, apparently, it was fashionable for the Victorians to claim Huguenot ancestry. This may or may not be the case here. Jacob Ferry, however, is listed as a Huguenot on the Huguenots of Spitalfields website, so, even though the link might be tenuous, the link might just possibly be there. However, having done my DNA I do not have a French connection. This might mean that, if I do have a connection then it may have come via the Low Countries, which is indicated in my results. Equally, the name Ferry may have Irish links, too, just to add to the confusion. Perhaps I may just never find out, unless, at some point, a get a DNA hit with someone from a confirmed Huguenot Ferry descent.

I will continue to search from Robert Ferry and see if I can push back any further if only to push the line back and the Huguenot link aside. Anyway, thank you all again.

Rich