Author Topic: James graham  (Read 793 times)

Offline chacha

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James graham
« on: Saturday 19 March 16 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Can you help,I am looking for the parents of a James graham,James graham got married to a Norah carter in the second quarter in 1921 in Portsmouth James graham was born in 1872 and Norah carter was born in 1901,I have all the details on Norah but I have nothing at all on her husband James graham.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: James graham
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 March 16 16:02 GMT (UK) »
You need to buy a copy of the marriage cert to get his fathers name and occupation - unless you already have that info?

Lots of James Graham births on freebmd in 1872.

A 1921 marriage would make him around 49/50 - was he previously married?

Have you looked on the 1911 for him in case he was in Portsmouth at that time?  If you find a possible entry - you can then check to see if there is a death for his wife between 1911-1921
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline chacha

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 March 16 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 19 March 16 18:38 GMT (UK) »
Just a thought - was he perhaps in the navy?  Should show on his marriage cert
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 20 March 16 15:04 GMT (UK) »
There is a tree on Ancestry that has him as David James Graham ( always best to double check )
I checked for a birth and there was a David James Graham born 5 January 1871 Mousewald Dumfries father John Graham mother Jane Stirling....He is on the 1871 Scotland census as David Graham then in the 1881 he is James Graham ...Did this James die in 1945 ? Portsmouth as I noticed a death registration for  James D Graham b 1871 died 1945 age 74 years ...Best to get a copy of the marriage as Carole said to see if his father is listed as John Graham occupation gardener
Rosie

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 20 March 16 15:33 GMT (UK) »
I think he was a Tailor.  If he didn`t die until 1945 he should appear on the 1939 register.  :)  This will give his date of birth. 

Mo
p.s. I also think he was Scottish, possibly born Forfarshire
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)

Offline Fifer66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 04 August 16 21:47 BST (UK) »
Can you help,I am looking for the parents of a James graham,James graham got married to a Norah carter in the second quarter in 1921 in Portsmouth James graham was born in 1872 and Norah carter was born in 1901,I have all the details on Norah but I have nothing at all on her husband James graham.

Hi Chacha,

I believe this Graham family are part of my family tree. As previous posters have said James Graham was born David James Graham in Mouswald, Dumfries, Scotland in1871. His parents were John Wilson Graham, born 1839 in Ireland and Jane Stirling Weddell, born in Edinburgh 1843. John Wilson Graham is my Great Great Grandfather. Did you find out any other info on this Graham family? I aware John Wilson Graham and Jane Stirling Weddell had 6 children including David James Graham.
Fife - Anderson, Farquhar, Graham, Greenhill, Hume, Paton, Sharp, Penman, Birrell, Christie
Edinburgh / Midlothian - Graham, Watt, Cunningham, Hume, Kerr, Farquhar, McAlpine, Weddell, Stirling, Liddell, Eckford, Finnie
Queensland, Australia - Greenhill
NSW, Australia - Anderson
California, USA - Watt
Alabama, USA - Watt
Missouri, USA - Farquhar
Quebec, Canada - Campbell
Alberta / British Columbia, Canada - Anderson